• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
On 3/15/2019 at 11:56 AM, NoKimberDave said:

My experience with the Odin can be summed up with this pic:

IMG_4175.JPG.8ed0ab821b848c728d4b3545e4220f83.JPG

Could not get it to stay put. Even tightening it down to borderline stripping an adding loctite. Bailed on it an now trying the Lancer Carbon Stock.

But wanted A2 and stupidly bought A1 length.

Still haven't figured out how to make it A2 length.

I inquired to Lancer about spacer and they sent a "yeah you need a spacer. Should be available anywhere good luck". Can't find it "anywhere" and feel like I must be stupider than I thought, because still haven't figured it out. Said "eff it" and moved scope forward, lol.

Now my gun is front heavy. Criminy the parts search never ends. Considering adding weight to Lancer as there seems to be plenty of room inside. I like the cheek weld much better than the Odin.

The Lancer stock is actually 2 different lengths. The A2 is actually a longer stock ad the spacer just goes inside the tube to take up play between the receiver extension and the buttstock. You would have to sell the A1 length of carbon fiber and buy the A2 to get it to be longer. 

On 6/29/2019 at 6:22 PM, Chucky said:

The Lancer stock is actually 2 different lengths. The A2 is actually a longer stock ad the spacer just goes inside the tube to take up play between the receiver extension and the buttstock. You would have to sell the A1 length of carbon fiber and buy the A2 to get it to be longer. 

Indeed. I have long since found a solution. Thanks.

8 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Anyone try the Dissident Arms adjustable stock on an AR? curious about how it compares to the XLR Tactical Lite for that style of stock.

Looks like it’s the same stock or xlr makes it for them. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Right now I'm using a Magpul ACS-L w/ extended buttpad because I adjust length between two uppers depending on which multigun rifle shoot...mainly due to the ranges of the particular match.  For my 14.5" (with pinned/welded brake) upper for shorter-range matches that are out to around 100yds max, I use a 1X Prism scope and put the stock at 13.5"" pull length.  That's my natural pull length for a red dot or the prism mainly upright.

For my 16" upper with a 1-6x LPVO when ranges are farther, I pull the stock out one notch to a 14.25" pull length to match my cheek weld to the LPVO's eye box when I'm shooting supported or prone, and just keep my cheek weld and push forward into eye box when upright.

I have a pretty wide jaw so the widely-sloped stocks tend to push my head out too much when I push my cheek weld in. But the ACS-L's is still narrow enough that it doesn't, and I still get a stable and repeatable cheek weld that's just right for the LPVO.

I never used to think I'd want that much length of pull (3/4" longer than a standard A2!), but that's what I found most comfortable while hunched or prone, and so I don't have to push my scope length/mount too far forward (and onto rail).  It took a little while to find it, and I had higher scope mounts and it was closer with the shorter LOP, which made me have to arch my neck back when prone or supported/kneeling.  That sucked.  Found it much easier to just lean forward into the scope more when upright, then when prone/supported it's right on.

Also, the ACS-L is a nice, wobble-free snug fit.

Edited by MoRivera