Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 3-gun stock

Miggz55

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

When I first built my rifle I used and Ace stock and switched it out to a Luth-ARto get more adjustability and found out that the Luth wasn’t for me, I ended up putting the Ace back on and it’s been great. 

• 4 months later...
On 1/10/2019 at 8:53 PM, sheepdog566 said:

Is cole components still operating. I want one of their blue anodized stocks but they are never in stock.

There website shows 2 black ones in stock so I think they are still operating. You may have to wait till they do another run. Try emailing Cole, he was very responsive when I bought mine a few months back. 

Love my Cole Components stock btw. It replaced my Luth-AR stock and I find it much more adjustable while still being very comfortable. 

• 1 month later...

Luth AR or magpul prs

i ran the zulu and it was a piece of garbage.  

as i shot it would unscrew and then the buttstock would get all jacked up.

also the padding on the stock interfered with the charging handle coming back

I switched to the luth and magically all the issues were resolved

i think a zulu might be good for a pcc build

4 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

Luth AR or magpul prs

i ran the zulu and it was a piece of garbage.  

as i shot it would unscrew and then the buttstock would get all jacked up.

also the padding on the stock interfered with the charging handle coming back

I switched to the luth and magically all the issues were resolved

i think a zulu might be good for a pcc build

Did you contact Odin about your issues? I've not seen any of them in several stocks over a couple years.

9 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Did you contact Odin about your issues? I've not seen any of them in several stocks over a couple years.

nope i sure did not

at that point i was pissed off and just went and bought a luth with a rifle tube. 

the zulu is sitting in my bin of extra parts that may someday get used

like i said i think the zulu would be great for a pcc stock and i intend to build one soon

so i just opted to not deal with customer service and get my issues resolved immediately

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2018 at 10:20 PM, AngelDeVille said:

I like an A1 or an ACE, but I'm a dinosaur.  My complete builds cost less than some individual components.

Out of all the stocks i have the Ace is by far the best as far as functionality .   But not very pretty. .

Edited by 1911vm

My experience with the Odin can be summed up with this pic:

IMG_4175.JPG.8ed0ab821b848c728d4b3545e4220f83.JPG

Could not get it to stay put. Even tightening it down to borderline stripping an adding loctite. Bailed on it an now trying the Lancer Carbon Stock.

But wanted A2 and stupidly bought A1 length.

Still haven't figured out how to make it A2 length.

I inquired to Lancer about spacer and they sent a "yeah you need a spacer. Should be available anywhere good luck". Can't find it "anywhere" and feel like I must be stupider than I thought, because still haven't figured it out. Said "eff it" and moved scope forward, lol.

Now my gun is front heavy. Criminy the parts search never ends. Considering adding weight to Lancer as there seems to be plenty of room inside. I like the cheek weld much better than the Odin.

57 minutes ago, NoKimberDave said:

My experience with the Odin can be summed up with this pic:

IMG_4175.JPG.8ed0ab821b848c728d4b3545e4220f83.JPG

Could not get it to stay put. Even tightening it down to borderline stripping an adding loctite. Bailed on it an now trying the Lancer Carbon Stock.

But wanted A2 and stupidly bought A1 length.

Still haven't figured out how to make it A2 length.

I inquired to Lancer about spacer and they sent a "yeah you need a spacer. Should be available anywhere good luck". Can't find it "anywhere" and feel like I must be stupider than I thought, because still haven't figured it out. Said "eff it" and moved scope forward, lol.

Now my gun is front heavy. Criminy the parts search never ends. Considering adding weight to Lancer as there seems to be plenty of room inside. I like the cheek weld much better than the Odin.

whats up dave didnt realize its you

thats a mighty fine looking beard you got there

I like the balance and feel of the cole components stock... but ive had the buffer tube come loose (properly torqued), and unless I red Loctite the surface area of the clamp onto the buffer tube, it will slowly slide in throughout a match. I solved that with the Loctite, but that's not ideal.

I ordered an XLR, it looks to solve both those issues for me, while maintaining a similar design and look... plus it just feels a little better.

On 3/21/2019 at 11:29 AM, dkamps said:

I like the balance and feel of the cole components stock... but ive had the buffer tube come loose (properly torqued), and unless I red Loctite the surface area of the clamp onto the buffer tube, it will slowly slide in throughout a match. I solved that with the Loctite, but that's not ideal.

I ordered an XLR, it looks to solve both those issues for me, while maintaining a similar design and look... plus it just feels a little better.

Keep us informed on your opinions of the two after having the XLR a little while.

I've been wanting to try XLR.