Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 3-gun stock

Miggz55

Been looking to swap my stock on my 3-gun rifle.... I have been really considering the Odin Works Zulu 2.0, but figured I’d ask the experts what their go to is... any suggestions?

Also, any thoughts on Armaspec Stealth recoil springs? Do they compare to JP SCS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Zulu. I can't say if it's the best or better than the Cole Components, XLR, etc. but I definitely prefer it over the Luth. The ability to adjust buttpad cant and cast with the Zulu is a big deal to me. I don't miss the cheek height adjustment of the Luth, it's an overrated feature on an AR thats not a side charger.

I love the Zulu. I can't say if it's the best or better than the Cole Components, XLR, etc. but I definitely prefer it over the Luth. The ability to adjust buttpad cant and cast with the Zulu is a big deal to me. I don't miss the cheek height adjustment of the Luth, it's an overrated feature on an AR thats not a side charger.

Yea, I had the Luth and it wasn’t my favorite... plus, its a bit on the heavy side!

I like the adjustable cheek riser on an AR stock.. Not a must if you don't shoot long range at your 3 gun matches. At my club we do and we go prone, off vtacs and rooftops. Once a scope is dialed up the eye relief is not as forgiving and that cheek riser just makes it faster for me. Right now I run a Royal Arms stock and I like it. It's light and strong plus price is decent. I used a little bit of duct tape where it mounts so it grabs tighter. I've heard problems of it being loose but I haven't seen that. I've ran the PRS and love that stock although heavy.

3 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Could someone explain what you gain from those fancy stocks like the Zulu over a MFT? Complete newb here. Don't really have tooooo big of a problem shouldering my AR except for the muffs.

Adjustability, nice butt pad, looks(personal preference)

15 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Could someone explain what you gain from those fancy stocks like the Zulu over a MFT? Complete newb here. Don't really have tooooo big of a problem shouldering my AR except for the muffs.

The buttpad height, cant and cast allow me to get positive contact of the the entire pad to my chest. With my MFT or any other standard stock the toe of the stock hits my pec first and thats all that really touches. More stock contact with my body equals better recoil control.

Oh yeah, it looks badass too.

20 minutes ago, Frankly said:

$29 Magpul MOE SL-K, light and simple, fits in MY shoulder pocket, nothing to hang up or catch on stuff. 

FIFY 

There is no one size fits all.

Edited by TonytheTiger

My favorite is the Magpul MOE Fixed Rifle Stock (A1-length).  Just solid and I've never felt the need for adjustability.  I kind of see how a lot of people still just go with an A2.  I pick A1 length stocks because I am puny.

I have a XLR Industries tactical stock that I really like too.  But I've basically set it to A1 length and they made a smooth collar piece for me that eliminates the attachment point and necessity of the cheek riser.  I just looks cool now and the weight balances my heavy "medium" contour JP upper. 

My favorite is the Magpul MOE Fixed Rifle Stock (A1-length).  Just solid and I've never felt the need for adjustability.  I kind of see how a lot of people still just go with an A2.  I pick A1 length stocks because I am puny.

I have a XLR Industries tactical stock that I really like too.  But I've basically set it to A1 length and they made a smooth collar piece for me that eliminates the attachment point and necessity of the cheek riser.  I just looks cool now and the weight balances my heavy "medium" contour JP upper. 

Great feedback. Any pics of the XLR?
I prefer a shorter length of pull also, so I’m hoping the modularity of the Zulu will fit well....