Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CK Arms Metal Grip or Phoenix Trinity Classic Grip

Fo0

Which grip should I be looking at between the ;

CK Arms Metal Grip Kit Aluminum - Textured with Small Magwell $545.00

or

Phoenix Trinity Classic Grips 7075 Aluminum Textured $375

My frame is STI and I want to use my STI trigger. 

The CK Arms comes with mag release and magwell. I have an extra STI mag release if it fits the Phoenix Trinity and I would want the CK Arms W2R Bighands magwell and not use small Magwell 

Thanks

I’ve got and use both. From a fitting standpoint, my experience has been that the CK will be MUCH closer to drop on fit. Both are very well made too. For me, the CK is a little more comfortable in the hands. Rgardless of texturing though, I still need progrip for either when my hands are sweaty. You can’t go wrong with either. Other than the magwell and mag release being proprietary on the CK, either one will work fine and be quite different than plastic.....

20 hours ago, Fo0 said:

Which grip should I be looking at between the ;

CK Arms Metal Grip Kit Aluminum - Textured with Small Magwell $545.00

or

Phoenix Trinity Classic Grips 7075 Aluminum Textured $375

My frame is STI and I want to use my STI trigger. 

The CK Arms comes with mag release and magwell. I have an extra STI mag release if it fits the Phoenix Trinity and I would want the CK Arms W2R Bighands magwell and not use small Magwell 

Thanks

PT--Superior product.  Agressive!   

Those two grip choices have dramatically different feels in hand. Before you randomly pick one I would suggest you handle and shoot each. 

Aluminum is an odd choice as well. Is that for weight savings or something else? If it’s for weight savings then just stick with a standard plastic grip. Put a steel or brass magwell on it and it will be about the same weight as an aluminum grip with a lot less cost.

Edited by CHA-LEE

• 4 months later...
On 2/4/2018 at 9:49 PM, CHA-LEE said:

Those two grip choices have dramatically different feels in hand. Before you randomly pick one I would suggest you handle and shoot each. 

Aluminum is an odd choice as well. Is that for weight savings or something else? If it’s for weight savings then just stick with a standard plastic grip. Put a steel or brass magwell on it and it will be about the same weight as an aluminum grip with a lot less cost.

is aluminum a bad choice for a grip? its not weight savings but it is more for cost savings unless it is worth $150 more for stainless steel. Are there negatives for purchasing an aluminum grip? I thought it would be better than plastic. I am thinking about getting the PT aggressive this week, just haven't decided between SS and Aluminum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...