Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
DKorn

5 x 5 Classifier - Quick Question

On the new 5 x 5 IDPA classifier, is concealment required? I know it isn’t on the longer classifier, but I can’t find anything specific to the new one. 

2 minutes ago, hats20001 said:

Per IDPA site, on the stage walkthrough it states consealment optional.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Do you mind sending me a link when you get a chance? I’d like to be able to show it to others who have the same question.  

Do you mind sending me a link when you get a chance? I’d like to be able to show it to others who have the same question.  
Sorry, I misread your question. The new one has nothing on the site other than the COF. However, with the longer having a statement about consealment being optional, it would make sense to apply same statement to shorter classifier.

22 minutes ago, hats20001 said:

Sorry, I misread your question. The new one has nothing on the site other than the COF. However, with the longer having a statement about consealment being optional, it would make sense to apply same statement to shorter classifier.

Thats what I found as well, and my logic about what it should be. 

However, a few people pointed out to me that the IDPA rulebook says that concealment is always required unless otherwise specified, so it’d be nice if they could clarify. 

The no concealment required update for 5 X 5, as well as others (math logic for REV NV, penalty area, target height) have not yet hit the official HQ site.  At this point they are on an AC's site, IDPA.Tech.