Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
jeffroberdo

Sport Pistol powder

Recommended Posts

On 5/17/2019 at 7:04 PM, Darrell said:

Do you have any accuracy data to go with what you tested? Does it shoot a 2" group or 6" group? that is important too.

I did not bench test it but I am able to keep a 1.5" group at 20 yards freestyle with this load. I shot a USPSA match this weekend with it and had no issues. I will look the gun over tonight to see how dirty it is in 300 rounds compared to my older w231 load

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Some load testing today,  Accu-Shadow,  Sport Pistol, 125TC Blue Bullets @ 1.110 Mixed Brass

3.5gn

avg fps 971.       SD 12       spread 40      PF  121

 

3.6

avg fps 1002        SD 10        Spread 37.     PF  125

 

3.8

avg fps 1043      SD 9       Spread 26      PF  130

 

4.0

avg fps 1067      SD 8       Spread 29      PF  133

 

Accu-Shadow,  E3, 125TC Blue Bullets @ 1.120 Mixed Brass

3.6

avg fps 1042      SD 15       Spread 49      PF  130

Edited by CZ85Combat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All shot out of a Canik TP9SFX. Worth noting the .356 were far more accurate than the .355. The gun seemed pretty dirty after 350 rds. Also really noticeable smoke. The brass had a good smoke streak down the side on about 1/4 of the exterior sidewall. 

E17288A1-8BAC-4919-8475-61994E93E8CA.jpeg

C1B81CE8-22C7-44AD-BB28-8B6C3D0FA560.jpeg

3CA57BF9-2FFE-4EAA-989B-779844E28894.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bmeehan19 said:

All shot out of a Canik TP9SFX. Worth noting the .356 were far more accurate than the .355. The gun seemed pretty dirty after 350 rds. Also really noticeable smoke. The brass had a good smoke streak down the side on about 1/4 of the exterior sidewall. 

E17288A1-8BAC-4919-8475-61994E93E8CA.jpeg

C1B81CE8-22C7-44AD-BB28-8B6C3D0FA560.jpeg

3CA57BF9-2FFE-4EAA-989B-779844E28894.jpeg

I’ve had very similar results, I started shooting 3.2 grs and things start to clean up a little better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here’s the data I have for Sport Pistol

 

Acme 124gr Round Nose

length 1.125

federal primers

CZ SP01 and Tac Sport

 

3.8gr SP01

Velocity - 1015

Power Factor - 125.86

 

3.8gr Tac Sport

Velocity - 1050

Power Factor - 130.20

 

3.9gr SP01

Velocity - 1038

Power Factor - 128.71

 

3.9gr Tac Sport

Velocity - 1065

Power Factor - 132.06

 

4.0gr SP01

Velocity - 1044

Power Factor - 129.46

 

4.0gr Tac Sport

Velocity - 1078

Power Factor - 133.67

 

I’m going to try some BB 135tc bullets in the next few weeks and will post those results when I do.

Edited by mveto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some load data, but it seems pretty far off base from what's been posted here before... any ideas on why the delta? I fired 10 shots each string, indoors, 11' away.

 

Shadow 2

124gr Brazos RN coated

3.8gr 

V = 1096

PF = 136

 

124gr Brazos RN coated

3.6gr

V = 1055

PF = 131

 

147gr Brazos RN coated

3.2gr

V = 957

PF = 141

 

115gr JHP

4.2gr

V = 1196

PF = 137

 

JP GMR15 14.5"

124gr Brazos RN coated

3.8gr 

V = 1236

PF = 153

 

124gr Brazos RN coated

3.6gr

V = 1200

PF = 149

 

147gr Brazos RN coated

3.2gr

V = 1027

PF = 151

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fluffybadbad said:

Here's some load data, but it seems pretty far off base from what's been posted here before... any ideas on why the delta? I fired 10 shots each string, indoors, 11' away.

 

Shadow 2

124gr Brazos RN coated

3.8gr 

V = 1096

PF = 136

 

124gr Brazos RN coated

3.6gr

V = 1055

PF = 131

 

147gr Brazos RN coated

3.2gr

V = 957

PF = 141

 

115gr JHP

4.2gr

V = 1196

PF = 137

 

JP GMR15 14.5"

124gr Brazos RN coated

3.8gr 

V = 1236

PF = 153

 

124gr Brazos RN coated

3.6gr

V = 1200

PF = 149

 

147gr Brazos RN coated

3.2gr

V = 1027

PF = 151

 

Did you maybe have them loaded really short?

That would explain higher velocity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RH45 said:

Did you maybe have them loaded really short?

That would explain higher velocity 

I don't think it was that. OAL = 1.125"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run 3.3 grains of Sport Pistol, behind SNS 147 grain flat points @1.142”, for bigger matches because I want plenty of cushion at the chronograph, but, I know that my velocities weren’t as high as yours. I chronoed both Sig Xfives, and M&P Pro, with Apex, gunsmith fit barrel. All 3 are 5”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, fluffybadbad said:

Here's some load data, but it seems pretty far off base from what's been posted here before... any ideas on why the delta? I fired 10 shots each string, indoors, 11' away.

 

Shadow 2

124gr Brazos RN coated

3.8gr 

V = 1096

PF = 136

 

124gr Brazos RN coated

3.6gr

V = 1055

PF = 131

 

147gr Brazos RN coated

3.2gr

V = 957

PF = 141

 

115gr JHP

4.2gr

V = 1196

PF = 137

 

JP GMR15 14.5"

124gr Brazos RN coated

3.8gr 

V = 1236

PF = 153

 

124gr Brazos RN coated

3.6gr

V = 1200

PF = 149

 

147gr Brazos RN coated

3.2gr

V = 1027

PF = 151

 

What is your OAL for these rounds? I’m about to order a tester of Brazos bullets and haven’t used plated bullets before so I’m not sure where to start. My usual OAL for Berry’s 124 plated is 1.13-1.14”.

 

also, how do you like those bullets so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

What is your OAL for these rounds? I’m about to order a tester of Brazos bullets and haven’t used plated bullets before so I’m not sure where to start. My usual OAL for Berry’s 124 plated is 1.13-1.14”.

 

also, how do you like those bullets so far?

OAL was 1.125" on all of them. 

 

Bullets are great. Very consistent weight and size. I'm getting some really crazy leading in my comp, but maybe I shouldn't be running them in my PCC. 

 

I'm just getting much higher velocities across the board than others have reported in similar guns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OAL was 1.125" on all of them. 
 
Bullets are great. Very consistent weight and size. I'm getting some really crazy leading in my comp, but maybe I shouldn't be running them in my PCC. 
 
I'm just getting much higher velocities across the board than others have reported in similar guns. 

Are you getting leading In your barrel though, or just your comp? I probably clean my guns less than the average person haha.

You think it could be because of your OAL? I emailed the guys at Brazos and they suggested a longer OAL than bullets without the lube groove in it since the lube groove bullet is slightly longer and has a different shoulder shape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:


Are you getting leading In your barrel though, or just your comp? I probably clean my guns less than the average person haha.

You think it could be because of your OAL? I emailed the guys at Brazos and they suggested a longer OAL than bullets without the lube groove in it since the lube groove bullet is slightly longer and has a different shoulder shape

I don't see any leading in my barrels, just the comp on the rifle that I have to hack out with a pick. 

 

I followed load recipes on here including OAL for similar guns and was expecting to hit 130pf with 3.8gr out of my shadow 2. I was pretty surprised that my velocities across the board were not insignificantly higher than almost everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2019 at 10:32 AM, looking4reloadingdeals said:


Are you getting leading In your barrel though, or just your comp? I probably clean my guns less than the average person haha.

You think it could be because of your OAL? I emailed the guys at Brazos and they suggested a longer OAL than bullets without the lube groove in it since the lube groove bullet is slightly longer and has a different shoulder shape

I got major leading with the .356 Brazos in multiple guns. Tried some .357’s that a buddy had bought and they leaded too. 

 

My Sport pistol loads

Sig X5

ambient temp 84

125gr BBI 1.125”

 

3.8gr.     

1031

1042

1020

1044

1035

1037

1032

PF-129

 

3.9gr

1063

1051

1067

1060

1064

1066

1055

PF-132

Edited by jpm2953

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was running SNS 147 grain out of both of my Xfives, and didn’t have any leading. I switched to “green” Bullets, because the owner gave me some to try, and they are more accurate in MY Xfives, than the SNS Bullets, and I don’t get any leading with them either.

That said, my PCCs, are a pair of Sig’s, and I will only run jhps or plated Bullets. Same goes for my “open” guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RH45 said:

I was running SNS 147 grain out of both of my Xfives, and didn’t have any leading. I switched to “green” Bullets, because the owner gave me some to try, and they are more accurate in MY Xfives, than the SNS Bullets, and I don’t get any leading with them either.

That said, my PCCs, are a pair of Sig’s, and I will only run jhps or plated Bullets. Same goes for my “open” guns.

 

what are green bullets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, chetc said:

 

what are green bullets

DG Bullets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...