Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz TS failure to feed ACME bullets

kevkabby

Anyone have issues with their Tactical Sport with ACME coated flat point 180 gr .40?

My OAL is between 1.125-1.129.  Have zero issues with montana golds at the same length.  Seems to me to be hitting the feed ramp and sticking then not going into battery. 

Running a 14lbs recoil spring

I had no trouble with Acme 180s loaded to 1.126" OAL  I ran a 13lb spring for 172PF.  14 is heavy unless you are loading very hot.  Here are a couple of things you can try.  Change to a 13lb spring.  The slide will move faster and farther to the rear.  That will give the next bullet a tad more time to pop up.

If you mag springs are new, condition them by fully loading the mags and letting them sit for a week.  If that doesn't work, try loading to 1.135".  Other things to consider:  you chamber might be on the tight side.  Acme 40 cal bullets are .401", and that may cause problems.  Try a couple of .400" and see if that makes a difference.  Check your feed lips.  They stay pretty well, but if you drop them enough times, they'll need some attention.

Thanks ZZT. 

I just looked at the bag I got from Cajun, it is the 13# spring.  It doesn't make sense to me to make them longer but I know that I have heard that before.  The lips are all good to go, tuned them after the last time I shot.  I just installed Grams followers and springs cause the CZ custom follower and springs wore out.  I couldn't get the CZ custom followers to stay straight and the springs were very loose where it attached to the follower.  I have never had an issue with any .400 bullets, so it sounds like that might be the issue.  It seems like when the bullet hits the feed ramp it sticks cause of the coating, slowing it down.  Then it gets about half way in the chamber.  I think I will be going back to Montana Gold and just use the acme for practice only.  

Make sure the bottom of the breech face isn't sharp.  You're probably gonna want to round it off with some sandpaper.  My SP-01 did this at first.  The breech face drags the round underneath it forward enough to screw it up when it goes to load.

Mine would feed some bullet profiles fine, but would choke on hollow points until I did that.

This should probably go in the CZ section.

Edited by LeviSS

Make sure the bottom of the breech face isn't sharp.  You're probably gonna want to round it off with some sandpaper.  My SP-01 did this at first.  The breech face drags the round underneath it forward enough to screw it up when it goes to load.

This should probably go in the CZ section.

It never happened with jacketed bullets though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, kevkabby said:

It never happened with jacketed bullets though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine would feed certain bullet profiles fine, but choked on some...hollow points in particular.

Just something to check.

Dont hate me for asking this. Only asking because a guy was having probs with his tanfo 40 cal at a match and all it was were dirty magazines. I'm sure you've cleaned the inside of the mag tube at the top really well. if you haven't, be sure to do that real quick to see if it makes a difference. Like for real after we cleaned the inside of his mag tubes real good, he was golden.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk