Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arex Rex Alpha

Maks_H

Told you so... [emoji16]
Hey Maks, I ran it tonight in Production at my local match, I was ok. The first shot double action is kinda tough. I want to go in there and do some polishing until some modifications come along. I've studied it a little and it looks fairly straightforward to disasemble but I was wondering if there is a disassemble video out there that I could follow along with.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I agree that double action pull is a little grim compared to other guns I have that are similar. The single action is as good as anything I've felt. Having seen videos of the Rex Factory it's no surprise that the quality, fit and finish are second to none. The gun is going to need some work on the double action trigger pull to be competitive with the CZ and Tanfos. of the world. Somewhere on this forum I posted a picture of my gun on the scale it is indeed 42.2 ounces.

Edited by Jeff O

Yeah double sucks. My S2 is all Cajunized. I think pairs might be faster with the Rex and maybe it secures better in the hand. My S2 double is way lighter, closer and smoother. In single S2 has less take up and is lighter, mine is at 2.5lbs. I think I like the balance of the Rex better. Quality, fit and finish is definatily with the CZ but it's also apx 300+ more.

I think the Rex deserves a chance for the aftermarket to catch up. All I have through the Alpha is 150, range test and 1match. Not much to go on but that's my initial B shooter thoughts.068993d52c9004adf4e3d39afb72c905.jpg

Alum trigger is less curved and maybe little harder to reach in DA, but has a realy nice flat surfface which gives you feel in SA as you are shooting SA gun only. On avarage match 8-10 DA versus 200-250 SA pulls to me is totaly worth it. Also it has an overtravell screw so reset is short, very short. 

Grips are the same thickness as plastic but those are first batch so to me are not agressive enough, I am waiting for more agressive option. 

https://youtu.be/JUknOYAOKxM

Edited by Maks_H
Adding YT link.

Alum trigger is less curved and maybe little harder to reach in DA, but has a realy nice flat surfface which gives you feel in SA as you are shooting SA gun only. On avarage match 8-10 DA versus 200-250 SA pulls to me is totaly worth it. Also it has an overtravell screw so reset is short, very short. 
Grips are the same thickness as plastic but those are first batch so to me are not agressive enough, I am waiting for more agressive option. 

That is short and I like the flatter surface. Where do I get it?

I will say that the gun balances perfectly in my hand and the recoil is almost imperceptible.  Maybe the flattest shooting gun I've ever fired.  As far as accuracy my 1st 10 shots from 15 yds were in one post-it note. 20180720_120438.jpg

Edited by Jeff O

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent, I hope agressive aftermarket grips will be available soon. A company that produces parts already has 3D models for Alpha. It takes a little more time since grips are wraped and more difficult to make. 

NO TRIGGER yet? Will they announce in NewsLetter? Also the link here brings me to a different website 
Yeah the link is wrong, just type in the address. I'm dying waiting over here too. I want an extended firing pin, some trigger and hammer options, more aggressive grip options and flat safeties. I know it's a new pistol and the aftermarket will come eventually but I want it now [emoji846]

19 hours ago, vlj1216 said:

Yeah the link is wrong, just type in the address. I'm dying waiting over here too. I want an extended firing pin, some trigger and hammer options, more aggressive grip options and flat safeties. I know it's a new pistol and the aftermarket will come eventually but I want it now emoji846.png

There's a way to shorten your reset on the Zero 1 Series  by modifying the Firing Pin Block Lever. It's easy to do and makes a fair amount of difference. Curious to see what the Alpha look like by comparison.  

4 minutes ago, vlj1216 said:
58 minutes ago, Rickenbacker53 said:
I've handled the Alpha : Beautiful piece of machinery. 

Wait, so u don't even have the Alpha? So why are you going on about the trigger not ready yet?

Going on?  Well for one it will work with the REX Zero 1 tactical I own . That has the RDS Feature. So I figured I'd see what it does for that gun : Not sure I'd call My comments going on though. No weekend warrior : I shoot everyday in My own Version of a MAC Range out the Back door

Edited by Rickenbacker53

Going on?  Well for one it will work with the REX Zero 1 tactical I own . That has the RDS Feature. So I figured I'd see what it does for that gun : Not sure I'd call My comments going on though. No weekend warrior : I shoot everyday in My own Version of a MAC Range out the Back door : 
Copy that.

4 minutes ago, vlj1216 said:
9 minutes ago, Rickenbacker53 said:
Going on?  Well for one it will work with the REX Zero 1 tactical I own . That has the RDS Feature. So I figured I'd see what it does for that gun : Not sure I'd call My comments going on though. No weekend warrior : I shoot everyday in My own Version of a MAC Range out the Back door : 

Copy that.

I most likely will get an Alpha at some point : I'm not shooting competitions anymore. Did that for 25 years : Training more tactical oriented : Although Tims Video did peak my desire for one of these : As it's been 6 months since handling one

1 minute ago, Maks_H said:

The easiest way to shorten reset is to modify trigger bar by removing some material where has a contact with sear. I  will post photo later.

Curious to see what you are referring to. As I mentioned I modified it by taking off a slight amount of materiel in same area different part though. Look forward to see what you are speaking about Thanks   

14 minutes ago, Rickenbacker53 said:

Curious to see what you are referring to. As I mentioned I modified it by taking off a slight amount of materiel in same area different part though. Look forward to see what you are speaking about Thanks   

Sorry my bad, read your post wrong got confused since I have a little different system in Alpha since it is preseries. I don't have FPB inside. You were spot on for Rex Zero 1. For Alpha is little different, since trigger bar directy engages sear not through FPB.