Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arex Rex Alpha

Maks_H

Hi! New competition gun is hitting the market... It's called Rex Alpha, it was introduced at Shot Show 2018 and will be available shortly in USA. For 1099 USD will be a serious alternative to CZ/Tanfoglio competition guns... I am shooting and testing it past year and all I can say is that is reliable and softest shooting steel gun on the market. Get hands on one and try it, you will be surprised as were other shooters when they tried it.

Rex Alpha.jpg

Rex Alpha specs.png

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im super interested in this thing but i have concerns about spare parts availability, aftermarket support etc.

So many cool guns just dont make it big because of the lack of the above, ala grand power.

Here's to hoping that AREX will support the pistol here in the US.

I think that customer support will be there as it's getting better and better with Arex handguns already available in the US. Plus some manufacturers already showed the interest for making aftermarket parts, and aftermarket will grow with popularity of the Alpha.

The biggest thing is that Arex will offer truly out of the box competition ready handgun. No need to put extra $$$ in to be competitive with Alpha.

Compared to biggest competitors the trigger will be a bit heavier because of the design, but it's softer shooting gun with more durable parts, especialy slide stop is impossible to break. I have SA about 2,5 lbs and DA 7,5 lbs. Works 100% with CCI, Maghtech and S&B primers. Any lighter only Federal and Winchester are good to go.

Besicaly we redesign everything compared to Rex Zero 1 handgun. Lighter springs, no firing pin block, different firing pin....

Well you can get Shadow 2 on 2lbs SA and 5lbs DA, and Tanfoglios on 2lbs SA and 6lbs DA. But trigger pull lenght for DA is much longer with CZ and Tanfoglio.

• 1 month later...

This is the aftermarket alu version. Trigger pull is still very short, just a little harder to reach DA with short fingers, but feeling on SA mode is superb almost the same as SA only trigger. I've put it in my gun and I like it a lot!

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

"Coming soon!" ?

Picking mine up tomorrow.  Quick order for my local store, guess his distributor had it in stock.  Also seen a couple on gun broker.

Ghost Imternational makes an excellent holster it fits in a holster for Rex Zero 1 model. And you can get different hangers for it. OWB, drop offset, fully adjustable and 3gun with quick hanger clip. You can find it here: http://www.cesar-shop.com

Forgot exactly how much does it weights but it is  about 30g bellow IDPA weight limit.

ANR design makes them.  Just ordered one. Has a G-code RTI hanger that comes with it.  https://www.anrdesignkydexholster.com/product/race-owb-with-g-code-rti-hanger/#make-and-model   This is for the Alpha.  I don't think the REX ZERO holster will work for the Alpha.

There was a local custom Kydex place by me called black rhino concealment in Gilberts, IL.  Said they needed my gun to mold off of.  I said ok, but they never followed up.  Found ANR and they already have a mold.

My beretta holster was made for these mags.  Perfect fit, even has the "notch" in the mag.

It weighs 41.5 oz with an empty mag in it.  IDPA limit is 43 oz

Also, the stated length is too long for the IDPA box.  Manufacturer told me they went to a match with it and put it in the "box"  It fits.  They even sent me a picture of it in the box.  He said that the posted length is incorrect.

Edited by keonard

Yes it fits with 17 rounds magazine. 

And yes it fits in Rex Zero 1 Ghost holster since I am using it. But to have more adjustability for fitting I've put a washer next to the factory rubber spacer.