Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
jhgtyre

IDPA is a GAME!

IDPA is a game!

There, I'm pinning this at the top so people can quit saying it in pretty much every thread.

Now go shoot.

If you are really desperate to say that IDPA is a game, because no one has ever heard that before, you could just link to this pinned thread.

38 minutes ago, mwray said:

All shooting sports are just a game.

But are all shooting games sports?  There are shooting activities where you don't even pick up your gun to compete.

Sport : a contest or game in which people do certain activities according to a specific set of rules and compete against one another for the purpose of enjoyment

2 hours ago, jhgtyre said:

IDPA is a game!

That attitude will get you killed in the streets.

(Real lame but first time I ever got to use that phrase.) :lol:

Just now, Flatland Shooter said:

That attitude will get you killed in the streets.

(Real lame but first time I ever got to use that phrase.) :lol:

My attitude in general has frequently been a source of contention. :ph34r:

Participating in USPSA will get you gunned down like a dog in the street, right?  

Are you allowed to shoot IDPA without tactical gear on?   Can it be in colors other than just black?  :P  

Hey, enjoy IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, Bianchi, 3Gun, Action Pistol...whatever game/sport you want to try.  I think safe shooting experience is good and more is even better. 

Go out there, be safe and have fun!      

Participating in USPSA will get you gunned down like a dog in the street, right?  
Are you allowed to shoot IDPA without tactical gear on?   Can it be in colors other than just black?    

Hey, enjoy IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, Bianchi, 3Gun, Action Pistol...whatever game/sport you want to try.  I think safe shooting experience is good and more is even better. 
^^this^^

Somebody needs to stay in their lane..:lol:

Enjoy whatever it is you shoot.. Life is to damn short to be bickering on line or on a stage..

Negativity is bad for everybody and should not be expressed when guns are involved..:lol:

Oh..IDPA is a game.

Some people just have a vested interest in IDPA. If you want to invest in IDPA by all means have go for it.

15 minutes ago, Steppenwolf said:

Some people just have a vested interest in IDPA. If you want to invest in IDPA by all means have go for it.

pun, freudian slip, ???

Speaking of negativity can anyone point out why IDPA was started in the first place???

7 minutes ago, davsco said:

pun, freudian slip, ???

Double entendres, pretty much "covers" it. It is an occasional fault of mine to step over the line.

12 hours ago, Jim Watson said:

By my definition, IDPA is a sport.  So is USPSA. 

Checkers is a game.

That depends, at my age, it's a game.

I believe you have COVERED this topic completely.

Paul

I like to shoot so I shoot IDPA, USPSA, Steel, 3-Gun, and Precision Rifle.  I do it because I enjoy it.

On 1/26/2018 at 7:48 PM, Jim Watson said:

By my definition, IDPA is a sport.  So is USPSA. 

Checkers is a game.

If you get mad, flip the board over and stomp off, does checkers become a sport?

I don't know, never did it, never saw it.

I did, however, see a shooter get mad and throw his magazine over the berm. 

jh, yes it is. And invented by one of greatest ever IPSC shooters, Bill Wilson. Almost everything in IDPA is different or opposite to USPSA rules, well of course, otherwise it would not be a new game.  Don't try to understand the rules, or rationalize them, just embrace them and play the game.

On 1/26/2018 at 11:57 AM, Yeti said:

Are you allowed to shoot IDPA without tactical gear on?    

But you can shoot USPSA using completely IDPA rules... Why? because there is no rule against it, but no advantage to it either. AND you can shoot your actual carry gun, with full house ammo, from concealment in USPSA, with an IWB appendix holster in Open, Limited or L10 because holster position is not restricted. I sometimes shoot my Shield or Kahr CW9 . HF factors area lower than running my G17, but it's time on a carry gun.

On 1/26/2018 at 1:57 PM, Yeti said:

Are you allowed to shoot IDPA without tactical gear on?   Can it be in colors other than just black?  :P  

Full quote.

Shot my first IDPA match in over a year this weekend.  It felt like a complete different game but still a game.