Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Might be a convert...

Mcfoto

Hi all,

Dyed in the wool XDm shooter who went out with a buddy yesterday who's a big Tanfoglio fan and made the mistake of trying his guns. I have to admit, I am smitten. He shoots limited major with a Limited Elite in .40. Fortunately for me, while his primary blaster is a large frame, his backups are small frames so I got to compare. I definitely preferred the large frame. After going up and down on this sub-forum, I see that there's a lot of current chatter regarding the new Limited Pro and that it will be small frame versus large frame on the previous version. We don't have a local dealer so I can't go and showcase the current line. Any suggestions for a good model (currently also shoot Limited major .40) to start. I'm hesitant to buy used over the interwebs as I have been burned in the past (not with guns but expensive musical equipment).

39 minutes ago, Mcfoto said:

Fortunately for me, while his primary blaster is a large frame, his backups are small frames

??

What are his back ups? Plastic round trigger guard guns or steel square trigger guard.  The guns are different square to round trigger guard.

If you want to shoot limited major,  just get a new limited in 40sw.  Used won't save you much unless you find someone "liquidating" and they are rare to find!

There is a little-known secret related to physics involved with pistol purchases. Pistols are like samurai swords. Japanese samurai believed that the spirit of a sword was influenced by the sword smith and the owner of a sword. When you pick a a pistol, if the spirit of the pistol "connects" you are instantly aware of it and the pistol and you become "one." Also, as STI notes, money cannot buy happiness, but it can buy guns and guns make you happy.

In full disclosure that is what I tell my wife when I must get a new pistol. Her response, demonstrating full understanding of the above, is usually "you're so full of . . ." Moral of story "better to ask for forgiveness than permission."

Edited by Steppenwolf
spelling

2 hours ago, Steppenwolf said:

Also, as STI notes, money cannot buy happiness, but it can buy guns and guns make you happy.

Amen. My tacit agreement with the Mrs. is I get one new gun a year, usually as a birthday present to myself. My birthday isn't until October so there might be a bit of explaining on the timing...

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, Mcfoto said:

Amen. My tacit agreement with the Mrs. is I get one new gun a year, usually as a birthday present to myself. My birthday isn't until October so there might be a bit of explaining on the timing...

You simply explain that it's somebody's birthday somewhere.....

I had a similar dilemma last year (switching from a Glock 22 to a Tango) towards the end of the USPSA season here in Northern VA).  I decided on a new Elite Limited Custom from the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop ($1,099).  I big factor for me was the life time warranty from EEA only extends to the original owner.  It's a phenomenal gun.