Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon case prep machine CP-2000

No primer system on it,  it will be straight processing.  With the large crank counterweight looks a little bit like an RL 1050   You would think the price would be less than half of the super 1050

pic is from the shot show 

7A8B3806-4D6E-458E-8F64-40C89219E88C.png

Edited by tmz

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I asked a guy that I shoot with, that works at Dillon, only thing he told me is that the R&D dept still has it under wraps. I inquired on a price point, he didn’t know, but sounds like it might not be an attractive price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is based on the 1050 platform, I’d speculate that it will be the same price range as a 1050 along with a similar warranty as the 1050.  

I hope that that it is structured like the 550 basic compared to the full 550C

• 5 months later...

I called and spoke with Dillon a month or so ago got about the same information but also they said it would be roughly the same price as a super 1050 couldn’t understand that part  so I just went ahead and picked up another 1050  made my own set up along with the case  counter. 

I wondered what happened to this machine. Not sure why it would come in at the same price as the 1050. I feel like people would just buy a 1050 and still have the option to load. Although I did hear there were slight machine changes. 

Edited by anbrumm

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Want2BS8ed said:

Odd that it was introduced in January 2018 (with an expected release date of Spring 2018) and here we are on the verge of January 2019 and can't even get a firm price...

Wonder what went wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I wondered. Some said it was built off the RL1050 cam system (just going off what people said, I do not know this), and that it used a special tool head. I can see the tool head thing being a problem as people who would be getting these likely already have 1050 toolheads they use for processing. Maybe that factored into it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 6:03 PM, rmckinle said:

Looks like the new case feeder is for sale now. Looking at the May Blue Press. Still don’t see anything on the CP-2000, website or paperback. 

I realize this is 9 months old, but can you please tell me what page of the May Blue Press it appears on?  I've scoured mine and can't find it.

Thank You.

• 4 weeks later...
I realize this is 9 months old, but can you please tell me what page of the May Blue Press it appears on?  I've scoured mine and can't find it.

Thank You.
Apparently not "officially" announced yet. I called Dillon last week. The salesman told me the CP should be launched in a couple months.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk