Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top 5 optic ready pistols currently on the market

I assume you are asking about guns with slides cut for optics. Those that come to mind are the Glock MOS, S&W M&P CORE, Walther Q5, Canik TP9SFx, Springfield XD OSP, Sig 320 X5. Many others have optic mounts that fit in the rear sight dovetail. Makers of those mounts are Springer Precision, EGW, CZ Custom, and others. You'd have to check the mount makers to see what guns they have mounts for. And, you can have various guns' slides milled to accept a red dot. CZ Custom has a very cool looking mounting plate system, so you can change the dot, and even go back to a fixed rear sight.

18 hours ago, Intercooler2 said:

Yes. The couple I have seen have removable plates to make the attachment. Is their one that gets the nod as being the best?

From what i’ve seen and heard, a lot of it comes down to personal preference. This is doubly true if you already shoot the regular version of one of these guns in Production. 

I bought a Canik because of the great value. I like the trigger much better than a Glock. Walther is throwing some serious contingincy money at the Q5 shooters. That might be of interest. I still like my steel guns better, Tanfo Limited Pro and I'm having a CZ Shadow worked on right now.

If you take value in to consideration??... Hard to beat the Canik SFX. Don't be impatient... $460.00 or so.... (I picked one up for $400.00, never fired, but "used"). I  put the Glock stock striker spring in, big help. The recoil spring can  be lightened (Canik form, lot's of good info). The Vertex Venom 6 moa dot is holding up just fine so far, (buy it from "Jet.com" & save 15%). The gun IS accurate!

• 2 weeks later...

Copied from another post. Lots of good info on the Canik forum.

01049 Glock Red 28 Newton Extra Power Firing Pin Spring $9.95

I had trouble trying to put my replacement Sig 320 guide rod in place, so from kingglock.com I ordered:

G4-GRA1715CON

Stainless Recoil Conversion Kit Fits Gen4 G17,22 W/15LB SPRING

$22.95

$22.95

This conversion has a washer fitting that accommodates the slightly shorter Glock recoil rod.

I assume you are asking about guns with slides cut for optics. Those that come to mind are the Glock MOS, S&W M&P CORE, Walther Q5, Canik TP9SFx, Springfield XD OSP, Sig 320 X5. Many others have optic mounts that fit in the rear sight dovetail. Makers of those mounts are Springer Precision, EGW, CZ Custom, and others. You'd have to check the mount makers to see what guns they have mounts for. And, you can have various guns' slides milled to accept a red dot. CZ Custom has a very cool looking mounting plate system, so you can change the dot, and even go back to a fixed rear sight.
What Cz Custom mount are you referring to? Thanks...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The CZ Custom RDS mounting plate cut, they cut the Shadow slide really low for different mounting plates for different sights. If you want to change sights, get the different plate. $204.95. Find it under custom work.