Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My phone thinks I'm in Turkey

Have I been hacked? Do I have a virus? It has spread to other locations I have saved in AccuWeather. Same temperature, same conditions (in Turkish). I've tried deleting and reentering the locations. Tried restarting my phone. My security app isn't detecting anything.

If it thinks your location is wrong then see if there is a setting to turn off your current location. Then restart the app and turn the current location option back on. It may have lost GPS and thinks you’re someplace that you’d rather not be. 

If if that does not work then delete the app and find something else as it may have been hacked. 

Edited by BritinUSA

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2018 at 8:51 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

How do you know that's Turkish ???    :huh:

I used a translation app. I narrowed it down beforehand. I noticed some of the characters are common to languages used in eastern and southeastern Europe. While the lack of common Cyrillic alphabet characters eliminated languages such as Russian and Ukrainian. Languages are a small nerdy interest. Noticing things like characters and sounds/vocalizations can greatly narrow down what region of the world that a language is spoken. Even if you can't identify exactly which language, you can notice similarities to other languages in the same region.

FYI it was "Partly Sunny"