Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PSA 9mm PCC Glock Identification

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2018 at 1:51 PM, wyliearms said:

Yes.

DOH!

I tried to figure out "the one to get" and finally ordered.  I literally just picked up my Gen 2 complete MOE lower yesterday.....  Big deal???  Anything I should know??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, SWprotected said:

I know this is a little bit old, but has anyone had success finding a magwell for the Gen 3 PSA lowers PX-9? I ordered a magwell from shooters connection and did not see that it was for the previous model lower.

When the PSA Gen 3 first came out, bmiller said he would build one. Give him a shout.  His are excellent.

33 minutes ago, IHMSA15151 said:

What material are his magwell made of? Thanks, Steve

Mine was an early aluminum magwell.  I believe he has also played with the 3-d printer stuff (don't have a clue to the technical name).  He can probably make it for you in either material but you need to visit with him.  He's frequently on the forum.

Mine has had a lot of hard use and its still in great condition.  For every reload in a match I've loaded hundred times in dryfire and practice.

(I better be careful, I'm about to talk myself into getting an additional one for another lower.)

14 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Mine was an early aluminum magwell.  I believe he has also played with the 3-d printer stuff (don't have a clue to the technical name).  He can probably make it for you in either material but you need to visit with him.  He's frequently on the forum.

Mine has had a lot of hard use and its still in great condition.  For every reload in a match I've loaded hundred times in dryfire and practice.

(I better be careful, I'm about to talk myself into getting an additional one for another lower.)

Thanks for the info. 

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, armedmoose said:

Are there any upgraded ejector parts available for a gen 1 lower?  Had issues this weekend with not ejected brass.  Or even an in spec measurement to verify its otherwise magazines related.

How’s your extractor? That’s one of the weak points of the PSA/NFA BCG.

On 9/10/2018 at 9:04 AM, hiker88 said:

How’s your extractor? That’s one of the weak points of the PSA/NFA BCG.

I've switched to a AR9 Bolt with an .223 style extractor a while back, the PSA bolt now is in the backup PCC.  I am trying to eliminate my failure points trying to determine the cause of my weekend match issues and upgrading as I do have an older lower.

3 hours ago, armedmoose said:

I've switched to a AR9 Bolt with an .223 style extractor a while back, the PSA bolt now is in the backup PCC.  I am trying to eliminate my failure points trying to determine the cause of my weekend match issues and upgrading as I do have an older lower.

I have the older lower too. I moved on to a Faxon bcg. I had the extractor claw of my PSA bcg sheared of twice.The first time PSA fixed it. The second time I replaced it myself. The PSA bcg now stays in my range bag as a back up. 

Good luck with your search for a fix.

I bought a PSA on here and am not sure which it is. I think it’s the forged, but would like to see if you agree. Looking at the Titan Rocket mag well

B974C578-7FBB-4C84-8689-F4E3A21CBE23.jpeg.1ff660e1fc1efc3cbe47f2c760d15242.jpeg

Yes. That is the forged Gen1. You can tell by the hole where the roll pin used to go for the LRBHO.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On 1/22/2018 at 9:56 AM, wyliearms said:

Whether you are purchasing one new or own one that you need help with, you can use this to help you identify PSA's most popular components. For instance, troubleshooting an ejection issue on a billet is a little different than the forged, etc. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

barrel.jpg

bolts.jpg

PSA Lowers2.jpg

I have a Gen 2 lower and I bought the upper at the same time so I am assuming it's a Gen 2 as well. Is the Gen 3 bolt better than the Gen 2 in any way? Would there be any advantage to upgrading? Thanks, Steve

• 4 months later...