Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PSA 9mm PCC Glock Identification

Whether you are purchasing one new or own one that you need help with, you can use this to help you identify PSA's most popular components. For instance, troubleshooting an ejection issue on a billet is a little different than the forged, etc. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

barrel.jpg

bolts.jpg

PSA Lowers2.jpg

Edited by wyliearms
2 hours ago, wyliearms said:

We had a few deals already. If I can make a suggestion, get this one: http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-px9mm-billet-complete-classic-lower-uses-glockr-style-516447190.html You can change the stock and other components if you want. I really like this lower. It is the 3rd version as listed above.

I was looking at this one because I need a pistol brace for another build and it's cheaper than buying the brace separately.  Of course it's the one without free shipping right now :wacko:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-px9mm-billet-complete-moe-pistol-lower-with-sob-brace-uses-glockr-516447409sob.html

19 hours ago, wyliearms said:

We had a few deals already. If I can make a suggestion, get this one: http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-px9mm-billet-complete-classic-lower-uses-glockr-style-516447190.html You can change the stock and other components if you want. I really like this lower. It is the 3rd version as listed above.

That's the one I got my daughter, except hers has the magpul stock.  It's a really good lower.  my only complaint is the magwell.  The magwell feels very tight when inserting mags.  I installed a Taccom magwell funnel on hers since she wanted to keep the weight down.  I have the forged lower and magazine insertion is much easier.  I also run the Bmiller magwell.  I'm thinking the angle is different on my forged and I'm just used to it.

On a side note:  Hiperfire trigger, C-more, Taccom buffer, Taccom ULW barrel with aluminum shroud and a carbon fiber handguard has her PCC ready for competition.

Interesting. I have the PCC Chamber barrel, a Gen 1/2 bolt, and Gen 1 lower. I really like my PSA, its a great value. I picked mine up around Labor Day 2017 for $499 I think. I still am grinning from ear to ear after each stage, 40+ rounds (ya I get a little trigger happy, and might put a few extra holes in a target. LOL) of blasting as fast as you can. Can't wait till March for the season to start around here. 

15 hours ago, bmiller said:

My friend is at SHOT.  He stopped by the PSA booth and asked to see the gen 3 Glock lower.  This is what the guy showed him, that looks like a gen 2 lower not what is shown in the pic above.  Can you clarify?

Thanks

Brian

DBB60E64-2D98-41C0-B25D-C27ECF07C000.jpeg

30FB446D-A08C-46CD-AE5A-6ECE8C354287.jpeg

Yes, that's a Gen 2 (PA-9).

The new ones are marked PX-9.   PSA is offering them now on their website. 

The area where you insert the mags is no longer "horizontal". Its similar to the New Frontier lower and angles upward towards the barrel.

Looks like if I decide to upgrade one of my lowers I'll need you to make me a new style mag well.  :bow:

Bill

16 hours ago, bmiller said:

My friend is at SHOT.  He stopped by the PSA booth and asked to see the gen 3 Glock lower.  This is what the guy showed him, that looks like a gen 2 lower not what is shown in the pic above.  Can you clarify?

Thanks

Brian

That looks exactly like my daughters model.  She got it for christmas.

29 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Yes, that's a Gen 2 (PA-9).

The new ones are marked PX-9.   PSA is offering them now on their website. 

The area where you insert the mags is no longer "horizontal". Its similar to the New Frontier lower and angles upward towards the barrel.

Looks like if I decide to upgrade one of my lowers I'll need you to make me a new style mag well.  :bow:

Bill

Ok,  I can do it Bill.  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, z40acp said:

All PSA lowers say you must use their uppers. I seen a good deal on an Aero slick side upper, wouldn't this work with the correct BCG?

Its marketing hype.  I have several different uppers built with various brands of upper receivers.  All work just fine on my PSA lowers..  As long as its "mil-spec" it should work.

Edited by Flatland Shooter
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:49 PM, bmiller said:

Thanks

Brian

That is the GX-9. Not the G3. That's the Gen 2 lower.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:09 PM, z40acp said:

Is the PX9mm the new Gen 3 you have said is the best?

Yes. If you can tell by looking, the lower looks different than the Gen 2. Here is one with the SOB brace: http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-px9mm-billet-complete-classic-pistol-lower-with-sob-brace-uses-glockr-516447191sob.html

I have several folks running them with great success. I just converted Ron Oliver over a few weeks ago. He was running the GX-9 Limited Edition like pictured above.

Edited by wyliearms
5 hours ago, wyliearms said:

Yes. If you can tell by looking, the lower looks different than the Gen 2. Here is one with the SOB brace: http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-px9mm-billet-complete-classic-pistol-lower-with-sob-brace-uses-glockr-516447191sob.html

I have several folks running them with great success. I just converted Ron Oliver over a few weeks ago. He was running the GX-9 Limited Edition like pictured above.

Thanks Wyliearms, I ordered the same one JohnnyD did. Hope to receive it this week.