Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M-2 recoil spring

Searchnman

I have a M-2 and I purchased the Taran Tactical recoil springs so that I am able to shoot AA 1145's.My question is since I have put in the trigger and disconnect springs in my gun and since my gun shoots 1145's anyway do i need to put the recoil spring in it? Is it a 3 spring system or can I just not install the spring? Thanks for the help 

Just a quick side note, the hammer spring plays a much larger part in how light a load that can be shot than the recoil spring. I have never used anything  but the standard weight Benelli recoil spring. I don't feel like a lighter recoil spring does anything good, and in some cases it causes  problems.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you try running 1145s with the stock springs? Since I have unboxed my M2 (3Gun model, which from what I have read, has the same springs as a standard model) I have ran nothing but the cheap Wally World AAs and Federal 1145 shells with no hicups. I have only put approx. 600 rounds through it of the 1145s with no issues, but I'm just curious on why you went directly to upgrading springs before running the stock springs first?