Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite aggressive grips for CZ?

lfine

Just looking for some veteran experience with some of the better aggressive grips out there for CZ. Any favorite recommendations for competition? I need to get myself a birthday gift. Or leave some ideas around the house...Thanks.

Not all that experienced in the pistol comp shooting, but went to the thin aluminum grips with sandpaper type panels and they didn’t work at all for me. Found LOK Bogies grips based on input from here and love them. Aggressive and really helped my grip on my SP01.

Edited by xdr

LOK Boogies all the way.  I have their thin Boogies on my TS and love them.  They are aggressive enough that your hand doesn't move when sweaty, but not enough to hurt.  Tried the CZC thin grips with tape first.  Too slippery.  Tried the checkered Al grips next.  Better but no go.  Find someone with Boogies installed and handle the gun.  Then go place an order.

I too have the LOK Bogie palm swell grips on my S2. At first I thought these palm swell version of the Bogies would increase the reach to the trigger and mag release. When I put them on, was pleasantly surprised to see it wasn’t a problem. 

They are aggressive and look good. A shooter in our club has the regular Bogies but I like the palm swell version better for me. 

On 1/21/2018 at 12:34 AM, sdm702 said:

a little spendy but the henning group grips are solid. checkering is aggressive and the contour fits my hand perfectly. 

Those henning grips are nice. Do you happen to have a picture of yours? And did you get the trigger and mag release relief checkered?

i have both style grips with and with out the checkering that goes all the way to the top. both styles are thinner at the top where the trigger finger goes and around the mag release. i think i prefer the ones that are smooth in those areas but i don't think it matters much.

IMG_4964.JPG

Edited by sdm702
reduce pic size

• 2 weeks later...

c4fec82e94d70924d763cfa042924b23.jpg

It doesn’t get any grippier than this. An old set of VZ grips, sanded the checkering off, thin layer of JB Weld, press the grip into silicon carbide grip and let sit overnight. Combined with grip tape on the front and back strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/20/2018 at 10:34 PM, sdm702 said:

a little spendy but the henning group grips are solid. checkering is aggressive and the contour fits my hand perfectly. 

Plus 1 for the Henning Group grips.  They are aggressive and the contour fits great like sdm702 says.  Keep in mind that they were designed by a top level GM shooter who uses them regularly on his own shadow 2.  I personally have tried all of the thin grips and thin with grip tape, as well as the bogies and scales.  I know a few other folks who shoot the shadow 2 and the shadow 1 and when it comes right down to it I think it has more to do with your own personal hand size and style that you like for how you want the grip to feel.  That said, to date, these are the best that cross all of my boxes off.  I have two as well, one for my primary and one for my backup (both have the checkering all the way to the top).

In regards to the price... you could spend the money on these and be done bouncing around from grip to grip or you could keep dropping $60-$80 every few months on different grips and spend three times more.  

On 22/01/2018 at 6:51 AM, lfine said:

Any thoughts on Innovations Scales? I've only see photos.

I love the SSI scales. fantastic grips with a good shape and the 'pockets' really lock in the meat of your hand.

I've also used the LOK's (they are also good)

henning (ok)

I find the flat aluminium ones too flat/small for average sized hands.