Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftermarket Super Grips for 2011

jrdoran

I have an STI DVC Steel;  I really like some of the custom 2011 grips at https://www.extremeshooters.com

I'm sure there is more involved than typical 1911 grips given the 2011 grip has the trigger guard and wraps around the grip safety, but how hard are these to install ?   How much of the sear assembly and trigger need to be torn down.   Something I can do myself or best served using a gunsmith;

thanks

16 minutes ago, jrdoran said:

I have an STI DVC Steel;  I really like some of the custom 2011 grips at https://www.extremeshooters.com

I'm sure there is more involved than typical 1911 grips given the 2011 grip has the trigger guard and wraps around the grip safety, but how hard are these to install ?   How much of the sear assembly and trigger need to be torn down.   Something I can do myself or best served using a gunsmith;

thanks

Google 2011 disassembly and watch the videos by Freedom Gunworks. Bobby makes it very simple to understand step by step.

Polymer grips will slip right on without fitting so you just tear the bottom end completely down and rebuild on new grip.

BUT, I have a painted grip on my gun and be aware, it is somewhat slippery compared to a nice stipple job. 

Also, if you want a splattered grip like the ones you saw I know a guy who does them . They look identical but since he paints your grip the cost is a fraction of what a whole grip costs

• 1 month later...

Thanks Sarge;  I'll PM you on the info for the painted grip;

Does anyone know if the grips on extreme shooters are in fact modified ( aside from graphics )  or are they just identical to the STI grips just painted  ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 9:49 PM, jrdoran said:

Thanks Sarge;  I'll PM you on the info for the painted grip;

Does anyone know if the grips on extreme shooters are in fact modified ( aside from graphics )  or are they just identical to the STI grips just painted  ?

Definitely more than just painted. They are reduced and re-textured/stippled before application of color/paint.

I have quite a few grips that have been worked over by Jason and the crew at Extreme. 

They reduce, recontour/reshape, double cut the trigger guard and texture the grips. It is definitely worth the $$$ they charge. 

You can also send in your existing grip to have it worked over. 

2011 grips are modular and usually require no fotting by professionals.