Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
chowellacsbd

CK Arms & SVI new mags

Does anyone have experience with the new SVI 9/38 tubes working with the CKArms grip/frame?

I have a new Thunder Series on order and want to begin acquiring (tuning if necessary) mags in the meantime.

I can tell you that most of the non-IDPA shooters shooting CKARMS are not running SV mags......which means MBX or STI......

This should explain it.  I had to do this mod to my CK framed open gun

It seems they fit some guns. My buddies  DVC and edge works. Both of my PT frames  and my STI framed  cheely likes them 

there is one more issue to be aware of and that is the cut in the back of the mag tube where the cartridge rail of the slide passes through.

the STI mags have a sort of square ish cut in the back of the tube. old SV mags have a narrower rounder cut. I'm not sure on new style sv mags. on my CK's the centre rail/cartridge bar on the slide would hit the sides of that cut in the mag tube. it causes little burrs in the tube and made some gouges in the cartridge rail itself. my solution was I just went back to using all STI tubes in the CK's and kept the SV tubes for my SV but you can widen up that cut out. just keep an eye on it. the cartridge rail in the CK slides is noticeably wider than the one in my SV slide.