Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The first Single Stack Classic

j1b

I was doing some web surfing the other day and found on the 1911 society web site the originl results for the first SSC.

That match was so badass and had some really awesome shooters. At the time it was new to go “old school.” 

Still have the heater I shot that match with. Dave Williams built the gun so tight that it’s just now starting to loosen up ?

DBF27C20-7266-489D-B799-77CACD940AF4.jpeg

3 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

The first step in Leatham's 16 year run...

Well he did win the World Match in 1983.......but it was the start of the SS domination for sure.

But we were all shooting SS back then so.........

Edited by Ross Carter

14 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Here is a link to the whole thing if you want to see all. Some interesting names there...

http://1911ssc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/1995-SSC-Results.pdf

I thought the same thing. So cool to see Hackathorn, Vickers, Arnt, Ayoob etc. on the same score sheet.

To be honest I've been a Hackathorn fan for some time and have desired to meet him. Seeing this sheet has me realizing that not only could I have met him, that I had actually shot a match with him! That is humbling beyond belief. 

They gave out mugs at this match and I held on to mine as long as I could. Like an idiot I used the damn thing because I was so proud of it. That inevitably lead to a white mug and barely discernable "SSC" logo that was all but gone. My wife and I are very much into getting rid of crap in our lives and we've off loaded a ton of stuff. Throwing that mug away, despite it's deteriorated state, still stung a little though :(

Edited by j1b

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...