Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix Trinity Honcho

BroncoShooter

I watched he reveal last night on shooters mindset show. 

Considering this instead of a custom open build. 

I dont even know where to start with questions. 

What do do you guys think?

From Facebook

Ordering for the Special Release of the first 28 Honcho Guns opens at 12:00pm eastern time. To order send us an email with your contact information and which model you’d like to order. The first 28 time stamped emails received after 12:00pm EST will be accepted. 

These special editions include “Red Carpet Service” where you will be able to follow along with your build with an inside look via pictures, videos and interviews with Honcho himself.

Here is what each of the models include:

Honcho 3Gun $4,850
Complete Pistol with 9mm Barrel
Stainless or Aluminum EVO Grip
BAM Magwell by EMG Customs
40cal Barrel
Sight Block
3 Port Comp
Vortex Viper 6moa RMR
Rear Iron Sight
Shielded Ambi Safety
7 Complete MBX Magazines
1-170mm Big Stick 9/38SC
3-140mm 40cal
2-140mm 9/38SC
Custom Patriot Case
A Whole Lot of Awesomeness

Honcho Race Ready $6,850
Complete Pistol with 38SC Barrel
Stainless EVO Grip
BAM Magwell by EMG Customs
40cal Barrel
9mm Barrel
Sight Block
3 Port Comp
Vortex Razor with Side Mount
Rear Iron Sight
Shielded Ambi Safety
7 Complete MBX Magazines
1-170mm Big Stick 9mm
3-140mm 40cal
3-140mm 9mm
Custom Dual Layer Patriot Case
Everything You Need to Kick Butt

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would still go with a custom gun, I love their evo grip, but who is thirds gunsmith? 1 gun for 3 different purposes doesn't seem to fit any one just prefect.  But just my opinion

I love PT and all their parts. But this seems odd.

I dont see the market for it. I also dont see how a glock barrel with their single lug is a good idea long term for a 2011 design.

Taking comps and front sight blocks on and off seems like a pain.

I hope this works out well,  just don't see the market at that price point.

I think they should offer simplified open gun.  No bolt-on iron sights, one barrel and no mags.

I think the glock style barrel lug could be a nice innovation.  I don’t know the pros and cons of glock vs 1911 lugs.  Seems the glock lugs style would be easier to fit a barrel to frame/slide.

It has the potential to be one of the coolest things ever.  Bringing high-end semi-custom 2011's more mainstream and affordable, and "usable" with quick change kits is a good idea.... as long as it works. 

I personally wouldn't invest that much money into a a product that hasn't been proven with time. But, I hope some people do so that I can hear about how they like it haha

That PT gun is pretty interesting.  I wouldn't want to be the first owner of one but the concept is pretty cool if it works.

If you choose to go custom I would check out Peine Custom Firearms.  He is out of Texas and builds excellent limited and open guns.  Full custom in 3 months or less depending on coating preference.  

https://www.facebook.com/peinecustom

B and C shooter UNITE!  You can now buy a gun to get you automatically to A class with zero effort, and Master if you put 10% effort into practice.

These should be flying off the shelves. Especially since they will be able to see the build happen and be surprised when the gun does not make them GMs with no eff0rt at all.

It's well known that those with money can buy a Master or GM card just by updating their Gat.

My guess is that Honcho is 'The Guy" if you want to make GM without practicing.

I watched the reveal video and while I have no intention of dropping 7K on this, there is some really innovative stuff going on here. I am curious about the concept of no Loctite needed for any fasteners on the open gun. 

PT already makes first rate grips, safeties, frames...

Haters gonna hate but I applaud their first effort at a complete pistol. 

As an open gun I just don't see it. Personally I like the idea of the multiple calibers. As someone who shoots 3 gun primarily but also shoots uspsa at a club level, being able to have one gun that would allow you to shoot 9mm in 3 gun and 40 in uspsa is cool. it would make more sense to me as just a limited gun, and would no doubt cost less. At the same time, I wouldn't want to be one of the first to try it. 

Edited by cjsmith223

If it works its pretty cool.  I would love to have an open gun to play with without dropping an additional 5k+ for an open gun.  Or for the guys that shoot 3 gun and uspsa its pretty cool setup.  Great to see new innovative ideas.  I would imagine most of the first run guns will be bought up by other gun builders.  

11 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I think that’s how it looks. Basically blocky looking.

I think that’s unfinished there is another picture of the 3 gun version that looks much better.

9B4FD79C-F4B1-482E-82C7-0E1C4906DC6D.jpeg

8E1C7EAE-51D8-4CE9-B6A2-B0491DD25612.png

CD28CE57-04CA-4B35-AFF6-D399229298A1.jpeg

Edited by Garmil

6 minutes ago, dansedgli said:

Is there a link explaining what these are? I am following pts facebook and instagram but i dont get it. 

Not that I’ve seen maybe try listening to the Shooters mindset interview.  If you couldn’t see the barrel hoods in the pic I would have thought it was a normal 2011 based on what’s out there.

With them not having a complete and working model to show people, I think the price point is a little steep. If I had to make a decision right now I would buy an atlas sightblock because I’ve seen them in finished form and know people shooting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk