Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix Trinity Honcho

BroncoShooter

On 1/24/2018 at 6:56 PM, Scott Steele said:

It's an open gun and a limited gun. Open gun uses 9mm barrel then screw on comp., screw on red dot mount, use provided shim/screw for extractor and use 9mm magazines.
For limited you install .40 barrel, remove comp., remove red dot adjust screw for extractor and use .40 mags.
This may not be 100% accurate but close to get the idea.... 2 guns same grip/trigger.

I'd like to see a PT shooter shoot in all year documenting changing from open to limited every month. If it held up I'd be impressed.

Interesting...  Sounds like they put a lot of thought into the concept...  Be interesting to see how popular it becomes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thing may be the greatest thing since sliced bread, well, at almost 7K sliced bread at Whole Foods but here is an absolute truth and a question:

The leading edge of technology is often the bleeding edge of technology.

How many top Open shooters do you see using a slide mounted optic?

3 minutes ago, Neomet said:

This thing may be the greatest thing since sliced bread, well, at almost 7K sliced bread at Whole Foods but here is an absolute truth and a question:

The leading edge of technology is often the bleeding edge of technology.

How many top Open shooters do you see using a slide mounted optic?

The open model has a frame mounted optic I believe.

Correct the 3Gun model uses a slide-ride red-dot, while the Race Ready version uses a standard frame-mounted red-dot. We have partnered with Vortex optics for superior reliability, in a smaller form factor red-dot that has been growing in popularity for the last few years.

Open/Limited shooters are going to love these guns! Particularly anyone who shoots multiple divisions at high-profile events such as Open/Ltd Nationals, or any of the Pro-Am style matches where you shoot Limited one day and Open the next.

• 11 months later...

No they were announced at SHOT 2018 and expected to deliver early last summer, but with the move to Florida among other things they were delayed. 

If anybody is looking for more info about how to order one for yourself contact Tiffany Williams directly at Phoenix Trinity. info@ptrinity.com or 352-667-4932.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello... Funny you should ask that exact question, as PT just posted this video TODAY that might help answer all your Honcho related questions. 

If not you can always reach out to one of us at Phoenix Trinity, either myself, Tiffany Williams, or any of the guys and gals on the team would be happy to answer any questions for you. 

PT Honcho - A Look Under the Hood

Thanks, 

Chris Keen

4 hours ago, Chris Keen said:

Hello... Funny you should ask that exact question, as PT just posted this video TODAY that might help answer all your Honcho related questions. 

If not you can always reach out to one of us at Phoenix Trinity, either myself, Tiffany Williams, or any of the guys and gals on the team would be happy to answer any questions for you. 

PT Honcho - A Look Under the Hood

Thanks, 

Chris Keen

WOW, that's very cool!!!