Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Colorado

Tom S.

Making a 20 year long story short.  Years ago, I downsized to S10 trucks as they were more nimble and I just didn't need a 1/2 ton truck.  Then in anticipation of my and my wife's retirement, and our plans to travel, I bought a one ton truck to pull our 5th wheel trailer. During the time my wife and I had together after retirement, we upsized both the trailer and the truck needed to pull it.  Then my wife passed away.  Since I had no desire to travel anymore, I sold the trailer last year, and just last week sold the truck.  I loved the truck, but it was vast overkill for any thing I now need, so it was sold and I returned to the small truck scene.  Although I've had it less than a week, I can say I made the right move.  The 'sports car' handling (compared to a 1 ton, crew cab, long box dually) ease of parking, ability to warm up quick on sub zero days, are only a few of the reasons I like this truck.  It also looks cool too!

20180110_141923-X5.jpg

20180110_141945-X5.jpg

Suspension is factory stock.  There are kits out to raise the front up to 2" for leveling, but as far as going beyond that, I'm not sure.  Although I like a raised truck, I have a handicapped daughter and she has a hard enough time getting in at the stock height.  I'm considering removing the stock rock crawlers and putting some side steps on it.  I wish the rock crawlers were a bit wider and could be used as a step, but that would kind of defeat their purpose.  

For more info on what others have done for mods, you might want to go to Colorado Fans

BTW: This is the ZR2 model which does sit higher and have a wider wheel base than the standard model or the Z71. 

Edited by Tom S.

• 2 weeks later...