Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to me SPS Vista short

Bwilmot

I recently acquired an SPS Vista short in 9mm.  Up to now I’ve been a glock shooter and am in the process of learning the 2011 style guns.   After looking at the recoil system in the Vista it looks to be a commander length system with a full size rod.  What springs would I use for tuning ?  Commander or cut down full size ? Also if any one has one of these what is the best spring wieght to start with for 124gr Bullets @ 170ish pf? 

I have been shooting one for 2 years now for best reliability i run a 10 pound variable weight comander length spring and a 19 pound hammer spring  if y haven't yet ditch the factory mount go with a 90 degree if running a Cmore in running a Delta point ECT will work fine

And yes I'm running 124 mg 8.3 hs6 

Edited by mro111lland

Thank you for the spring help  ? the mount is already gone lol I’m running a non set back 90deg Cheely cmore mount.  So far the gun is running well but needs some improvements.  Is yours close to stock or have u done upgrades on it.  So far I’ve just put an aftec in but I have ordered a new extreme Sti grip and magwell.  Going to order variable commander spring now lol.   Do u run a buff?  

Yes I running a buffer and I also have an sti grip on mine with Dawson magwell after extractor Brazos ejector and nolen trigger kit

Some thing to watch for when I installed the sti grip the sear and disconnecter leaf spring did not sit hi enough on the disconnecter causing hammer follow to fix it i cut the slot in the grip higher and installed a spacer

Just something to watch for 

Sounds like I’m on the right track ? if I can just get this gun to run as flat as my 9major glock open I’ll be happy with it.   Have you had to open up any new ports or holes ?  Or is the 2 port comp getting the job done ?