Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can anyone top 9 procedurals?

stick

Only on my 2nd match and I got 8. My right foot was out of the free fire area when I engaged 4 targets. The RO determined it didn’t give me an advantage over other shooters and only gave me 1 procedural thankfully

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shot a small 3-gun match. Helping the RO. Shooter started in a small box with a barrel in front of him, low ready. Knelt on 1 knee to use the barrel for support to shoot 3 hanging steels at about 80 yards and the 8-10 paper targets from 40-60 yards. About 20 plus total shots. His rear foot was out of the shooting box the whole time. Could have given him 1 procedural for each shot, but decided no advantage so only 1 total.

gerritm

• 2 weeks later...

Had a stage where I thought the RO might need to take off his shoes in order to keep count.  Standing outside the shooting box.  On the start sign step into the box.  Yeah, kind of forgot the step into the box part.

31 minutes ago, Mikeski said:

57 Mikes and 35 Procedurals for 2 stages in the 2017 Area 6. Gun shot the first target on both of the very large stages and then would not fire after. 

Impressive.

5 hours ago, Mikeski said:

57 Mikes and 35 Procedurals for 2 stages in the 2017 Area 6. Gun shot the first target on both of the very large stages and then would not fire after. 

Very Impressive

My 2nd USPSA major match I ever shot I had the rim rip off the case on the first target I shot on the very 1st stage. Had to use a squib rod to push out the brass casing out of the chamber. Took 8 failure to engage penalties and 8 mikes on steel poppers. Took another 10 failure to engage penalties and 20 mikes on the paper targets. Not the way to start a match. It did make me very angry and push myself hard to make up points since I zeroed a 160 point stage.

My first classifier went so poorly my well seasoned R.O. Turned and looked at me head shaking and said “ I don’t even know how to score that mess” !!!  That was a fun match!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Had 9 last weekend. The final leg of the stage was a straight path with close targets spaced out nicely. Figured I could run and gun to the end of the path. (I'm old and need a lot of room to pick up speed). Problem was, I focused on the targets and ran outside, short of the path. No advantage since I was about 2-3 feet further away from the 4 targets. In retrospect I think this was an issue of not fully visualizing the whole stage. Felt kind of dumb.  

• 3 weeks later...

Most I have gotten is 6, forgot three targets were supposed to be weak hand. It’s fine I probably wouldn’t have done any better shooting weak hand than taking the procedural anyways

I took six at an Area match a few years back. Was in one of the "cowboy action" saloon type building shooting through a window. Really should have paid attention to the orange foot fault line I was stepped across to get that really clear shot.

Now, while that is bad enough, after my idiotic mistake, the RO generously announced to EVERYONE there is a foot fault inside the building which is hard to see because you are going from the bright sun to shade. 

And yes, the shooter that followed me did exactly the same thing, right after the reminder NOT to follow in my "footsteps." Sometimes ya got to wonder................

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had 11 procedurals on one stage. A local club had a Monty Python themed match, one stage had a wobbly bridge with a can of Spam on the close end of the railing.  Shooter had to pick up the can, retain on their person, engage two paper targets right, one left, and a left popper that activated a swinging paper, then move off the bridge dumping the can into a basket on the far end of the railing.  Shooting pcc i felt great knowing how easy it was going to be to weak hand hold the can and still support the gun while on the bridge....  That lasted about 1/4 of a second before the can was already on the ground and all of my bridge shots were 1 procedural each.  Now i of course hadn't considered the possibility i'd be without the can so my plan didnt change at all plus with my pcc megamag i even tossed in a couple extra shots for good measure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

did a 'monster' uspsa match a few years back.  each target, and there were lots, needed 3 hits.  after double tapping all of them, i got to the end and remembered.  i could have easily run down the RO and gotten a re-shoot but just decided to leave bad enough alone.

I ROed a guy at a local once, start position was standing inside the shooting area toes on mark... buzzer goes off, he steps forward in what he believes is the shooting area and shoots 34 foot fault procedurals. The worst part was all the make ups on steel, it was rough to watch. 

3 hours ago, revoman said:

What would have been the reason for a reshoot?

If RO collides with you, it is interference -> reshoot.

I hear there have been cases with a competitor chasing the RO, so there'd be a collision and reshoot. Thats unsportsmanlike behavior -> DQ.