Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Transitions to new positions

Mikeski

I’m only C class, but it looks to me like you’re doing a good job of shooting as you come into position. Maybe you can start moving as you’re engaging the last target in an array? I’m not sure if that would’ve been an option here or not. 

Your transitions looked to be the low hanging fruit on this run. (Sounded to me like you just double tapped every target)

You also didn't look like you ever got moving very fast AKA no explosion out of positon.

You are probably dropping unneeded points on the far targets.

Shoot the second shot when your sights tell you to send it. Don’t simply hit everything with what sounds like about a .15-18 split

Watch a multiple-time national champ engage targets of varying difficulties / distances. You shouldn’t be shooting a partial hardcover or a 12yd target as fast as you shoot a 3-5 yard one. The Open gun lets you shoot faster, but throwing a doubletap at every target is gonna get you eventually.

The second shot gets just as much aiming as the first one. Aim every shot.

Even Grauffel slows down for 20yd targets. Just not as much as humans do.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

So the stage breaks down like this. 24 total shots. 20 A, 3 C, 1 M. 12.94 time.  7.65 hf.  The High HF was 9.58. 21a, 2c, 1m 10.75 time. I’m thinking i need to start sprinting in between shooting areas. I notice i don’t run like some others do.

I’m thinking i need to start sprinting in between shooting areas. I notice i don’t run like some others do.

Yes! Watch that video of Stoeger and notice his shooting doesn’t seem that fast, but he is top speed position to position.

In real life, he is deceptive. Shooting a comfortable pace but a mad man at movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

I think moving from position to position you definitely could go into full sprint and do a drop step as soon as you fire your last shot. 

One thing ive been trying to do is keeping both hands on the gun as I'm moving from place to place.  Feels a bit awkward at first but you don't lose time remounting your support hand. Also since you can see through the walls bring your gun up to the target before you hit the shooting port.

On 1/16/2018 at 9:26 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Watch a multiple-time national champ engage targets of varying difficulties / distances. You shouldn’t be shooting a partial hardcover or a 12yd target as fast as you shoot a 3-5 yard one. The Open gun lets you shoot faster, but throwing a doubletap at every target is gonna get you eventually.

The second shot gets just as much aiming as the first one. Aim every shot.

You can learn a lot from that video...  especially by watching his footwork...  He does the same thing every time in the same situation...  Good video to study...  Thanks for posting it.

WAC is a club where transitions are top priority. Position entry was pretty solid. Exit wasn’t super aggressive so could work on that. 

i love shooting at the WAC but it highly favors guys with fast transitions. Especially open / limited. Notice how long it takes you in the second position to start shootin the long target that is wide open.