Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to me xdm limited gun.

wbkr68

Hello,

Ive been shooting uspsa production for the last few years,  most recently I’m shooting a tanfo Stock 2.  It’s an awesome gun.   I’ve been wanting to shoot limited major next season,  but haven’t wanted to spend the money on a new edge, or tanfo,  mags etc.  Recently I came across a deal that I couldn’t pass up.  It’s a xdm 5.25 in 40 cal.  It’s was sent to the Springfield pro shop and had action trigger job,  2lb 13 oz trigger.  Narrow Dawson front sight installed,  tungsten guide rod,  Springer brass magwell,  extended mag release,  and six mags with Dawson base pads.  The gun weighs 41.5 oz with a empty mag.  I know the guy who shot it and it wasn’t shot a lot.  It cost me about the price of a new 5.25.  Looks like I’m gonna try out limited.  I have no experience with 40 cal, hope I can shoot it as well as my stock 2!

Sounds similar to the deal I scored in October. It’s been a great Limited gun for me so far. My production gun was an XDm, so very familiar with the platform. The additional recoil took a little getting used to especially in regaining sight picture for the second shot. Bill drills have been helping with that. Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

You will enjoy! I shot a Springfield Armory in limited for 2.5 years before the 2011 bug bit me.  I still love that plastic gun!  Much more comfortable than that g#@%*.  Just can't bring myself to say it ?  Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I use XDm's for 3 gun, and you will really enjoy the feel of the gun in your hand. I admit I bought a Gluck 34 MOS, but cannot get used to he feel of it. Even though CZ is now my CO platform, the XDm would be my back up if I had it in 9MM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2018 at 12:02 AM, wbkr68 said:

Hello,

Ive been shooting uspsa production for the last few years,  most recently I’m shooting a tanfo Stock 2.  It’s an awesome gun.   I’ve been wanting to shoot limited major next season,  but haven’t wanted to spend the money on a new edge, or tanfo,  mags etc.  Recently I came across a deal that I couldn’t pass up.  It’s a xdm 5.25 in 40 cal.  It’s was sent to the Springfield pro shop and had action trigger job,  2lb 13 oz trigger.  Narrow Dawson front sight installed,  tungsten guide rod,  Springer brass magwell,  extended mag release,  and six mags with Dawson base pads.  The gun weighs 41.5 oz with a empty mag.  I know the guy who shot it and it wasn’t shot a lot.  It cost me about the price of a new 5.25.  Looks like I’m gonna try out limited.  I have no experience with 40 cal, hope I can shoot it as well as my stock 2!

Let us know how you like that Narrow Dawson front sight.