Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New IFG “LimPro” update

Kamkaze

3 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

Harrumph! Thanks Kamkaze. I was just wanting to handle one in person. Patriot is just down the road from me and I want to check out the Stock 1 and new Lim Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be able to arrange for the IFG Texas sales rep to take it with him on his next trip down there.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be able to arrange for the IFG Texas sales rep to take it with him on his next trip down there.

That would be nice. I’m either buying a 3rd Stock 2 or will need 2 new USPSA guns and an IPSC gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get it on a scale finally and here is the result.  I believe that the weight req for idpa is 43 oz correct?  Well this one weighed 1216 gram which by my calculations is 42.89 oz.  so it is very close to the limit but still under.

611940D0-B916-40E8-ADAF-409CAC2043CA.jpeg

Edited by Kamkaze

Thank you, good info!

"43 ounces with the heaviest magazine inserted"

Looks good to go (with stock grips & stock basepad and not real dirty) but I would probably try to find a lightened guide rod or lighter grips something. 

1 hour ago, ElMateo487 said:

Considering how much tangos variate, that is super close.

Also is the finish fragile? I see some scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know Mateo said something about adding a lightened guiderod possibly to bring the weight down some.  As for the finish it’s fine, this is the only one in the country and has been to several shows to include SHOT, the number of people that have had their hands on it and set it on tables etc is very high.  

I know Mateo said something about adding a lightened guiderod possibly to bring the weight down some.  As for the finish it’s fine, this is the only one in the country and has been to several shows to include SHOT, the number of people that have had their hands on it and set it on tables etc is very high.  

Good to hear about the finish

51 minutes ago, Kamkaze said:

Wander where that idea came from ?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know the timeframe when the new LP will be available in the US?

Also, will I be able to use the internals (sear assembly, trigger assembly, hammer) from large frame Stock 2 in the new small frame LP?

2 hours ago, Dazhi said:

Does anyone know the timeframe when the new LP will be available in the US?

Also, will I be able to use the internals (sear assembly, trigger assembly, hammer) from large frame Stocrk 2 in the new small frame LP?

I seem to recall hearing that guns should be available in late spring / early summer.    Not sure, but "not soon enough" !

Also, no experience with small frames, but I strongly believe that the triggers, hammers, sear assemblies ARE interchangeable. 

The mags,  grips,  trigger bar and firing pin ARE NOT interchangeable. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

" Stock I has a cylindric barrel,113 mm long, that can get excellent results also using coated tender ammunition bullets."

Can anybody out there translate Tanfo add type to English? I'm assuming both the Stock 1's and limited pros will be traditional button rifled barrels? Not sure why they would feel a need to mention coated bullets, some Tanfo's can't shoot coated lead like bayou & sns & etc. ? 

14 hours ago, bulm540 said:

Large frame? 

looks small from the grip screw hole location.

On 7/11/2018 at 7:50 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

" Stock I has a cylindric barrel,113 mm long, that can get excellent results also using coated tender ammunition bullets."

Can anybody out there translate Tanfo add type to English? I'm assuming both the Stock 1's and limited pros will be traditional button rifled barrels? Not sure why they would feel a need to mention coated bullets, some Tanfo's can't shoot coated lead like bayou & sns & etc. ? 

translation:

Straight barrel, normal rifling, use any bullet you want.

Some guns (glock?) with polyangle rifling say to not use lead or coated.  I've shot lots (30k?) coated out of stock2 with polyangle rifling.  Tanfo doesn't try to limit ammo choices. 

1 hour ago, johnbu said:

translation:

Straight barrel, normal rifling, use any bullet you want.

Some guns (glock?) with polyangle rifling say to not use lead or coated.  I've shot lots (30k?) coated out of stock2 with polyangle rifling.  Tanfo doesn't try to limit ammo choices. 

Thorough and clear.

Thank you!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would be interested in one of these.

The picture above, is that chromed or just raw and not coated yet? I would prefer chrome honestly but not a big deal.

What kind of aftermarket grips are available for small frames? I cant seem to find any.

Did Patriot Defense ever get some of them or are they still waiting?

Thanks for the info.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:16 AM, johnbu said:

Also, no experience with small frames, but I strongly believe that the triggers, hammers, sear assemblies ARE interchangeable. 

The mags,  grips,  trigger bar and firing pin ARE NOT interchangeable

Correct on the trigger bar and the FP. At least as far as the Stock 2 is concerned, the slide and barrel were also not interchangeable. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also, I was confused as to whether the new Lim Pros were going to be black or hard chrome from the different pictures on the web.  IFG indicated that the sample they had imported was black but that the production guns will be hard chrome.

Edited by gunner01