Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Kettlebell

AR triggers (2018)

You can not go wrong with any Trigger in that list. Mostly it is the feel of the Trigger that people like. I have had a few and I have stuck with the SSA-E. Try and shoot a couple to see which one you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run the JP but have used hyperfire and really like it as well

I have used JP in 4 ARs.  Like them.  Very light triggers.

The problem was light strikes on hard primers; almost all Russian stuff would have a light strike or two per mags.  Hornady Steel Match would have a light strike every other mag or so.

Almost all other 223/5.56 would be no problem.

My TS AR conversion unit, light strike or two per mag with CCI MiniMag.  

I just order Hyperfire.  Light triggers and full power on the hammer is what I have heard.  I should have them installed by next week.

I am a little worried, the JP triggers have really spoiled me.  One trigger job was done by the JP Tech at RM3G which was close to my pistol trigger pull.  Again, spoiled.

Anyone figure out the deal with running a Hiperfire Competiton 24c paired with a Seekins 60degree safety?  Hiperfire says they are incompatible.

I had 2 a rise armerment 3.5 ss short reset for my precision long range A15 and a velocity 3.0 ss short reset for my 3 gun AR15. Both run very nice both was less then 150 shipped.

I have the hyperfire 24C and CMC curved trigger, and I tried a Calvin Elite and long for one now.  It won't make me shoot better but it's by far the nicest trigger I've tried in an AR

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, pjb45 said:

I just ordered Hyperfire.  Light triggers and full power on the hammer is what I have heard.  I should have them installed by next week.

I am a little worried, the JP triggers have really spoiled me.

Any update ?   How did the Hyperfire compare to the JP ?

Probably will install this week.  Doing a LaRue scope mount and the triggers at the same time.

Hi-Power Jack

Installed the trigger yesterday.  The JP anti-walk pins are too big.  Used the pins that came with the kit.  The instructions were rather marginal but then again I only install JP stuff.  JP tutorials on the web are excellent.

The JP safety works with the trigger.  The release has an interesting feel to it.  Not bad just different.  The hammer speed is quite strong.

Ran a mag of Hornady Steel Match ammo.  It usually has a failure per mag with the JP trigger.  The gun ran like a scalded monkey.  Splits were fast.  No failures.

I am going to look for some of my russian ammo tonight, otherwise, I'll buy some tomorrow and run a mag or two.

So far I am impressed and happy.  But then again I am just a duffer.

I'll try some precision work next week.  More to follow.