Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR triggers (2018)

Kettlebell

You can not go wrong with any Trigger in that list. Mostly it is the feel of the Trigger that people like. I have had a few and I have stuck with the SSA-E. Try and shoot a couple to see which one you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used JP in 4 ARs.  Like them.  Very light triggers.

The problem was light strikes on hard primers; almost all Russian stuff would have a light strike or two per mags.  Hornady Steel Match would have a light strike every other mag or so.

Almost all other 223/5.56 would be no problem.

My TS AR conversion unit, light strike or two per mag with CCI MiniMag.  

I just order Hyperfire.  Light triggers and full power on the hammer is what I have heard.  I should have them installed by next week.

I am a little worried, the JP triggers have really spoiled me.  One trigger job was done by the JP Tech at RM3G which was close to my pistol trigger pull.  Again, spoiled.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, pjb45 said:

I just ordered Hyperfire.  Light triggers and full power on the hammer is what I have heard.  I should have them installed by next week.

I am a little worried, the JP triggers have really spoiled me.

Any update ?   How did the Hyperfire compare to the JP ?

Hi-Power Jack

Installed the trigger yesterday.  The JP anti-walk pins are too big.  Used the pins that came with the kit.  The instructions were rather marginal but then again I only install JP stuff.  JP tutorials on the web are excellent.

The JP safety works with the trigger.  The release has an interesting feel to it.  Not bad just different.  The hammer speed is quite strong.

Ran a mag of Hornady Steel Match ammo.  It usually has a failure per mag with the JP trigger.  The gun ran like a scalded monkey.  Splits were fast.  No failures.

I am going to look for some of my russian ammo tonight, otherwise, I'll buy some tomorrow and run a mag or two.

So far I am impressed and happy.  But then again I am just a duffer.

I'll try some precision work next week.  More to follow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 5:07 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Any update ?   How did the Hyperfire compare to the JP ?

If you are looking for a comparison, I have an older (circa 2008) JP trigger with a speed hammer on a 308 and I use the Hiperfire ECLiple on a 3gun rifle.

I like them equally well.  If not for the different width of the shoe, I'd have a hard time distinguishing between the two. No pre-travel, both break very clean and crisp, no over-travel, short reset on both of them.

for me the installation difference would come down to adjustments vs simplicity.  The JP has more screw adjustments to get right, the ECL has the extra springs on the hammer.  either of these can be done by anyone who wants to learn.

There are some mechanical differences in lock time and hammer force.  If those things matter to you then use that as a decision point.  I've never had either fail to ignite any primer, but in the 308 I've only ever used match or good hunting ammo.  I've used tula/wolf with the ECL and haven't had any trigger related/ignition problems.

So much of it could be summed up as: preference + budget = trigger

I wouldn't use anything other than AR Gold if I could, but you can't have $250 triggers in every AR! I end up switching my main lower around to different uppers most of the time.

I've always felt CMC has some great sub $100 options, and oddly, I will never use a Geissele SD3G for 3 gun, it just has too much movement and is too heavy for me to comfortably shoot any groups zeroing, or shoot long range, but maybe that's me?

Hiperfire has some good ones too for the money, but I don't think I'll EVER pay more than the 250 for an AR gold on another trigger.

On 9/6/2018 at 7:58 AM, chase214 said:

Ar gold . Iv seen more than one hyperfire go off when the bolt is released  could have been a bad trigger but that was enough for me 

Isn't a slamfire possible with a lot of ARs regardless of trigger and more related to primers, especially with reloaded ammo.

I just don't see how a Hiperfire could cause a slam fire that would be prevented with another trigger short of a mechanical failure.

8 minutes ago, Timmeh said:

So much of it could be summed up as: preference + budget = trigger

I wouldn't use anything other than AR Gold if I could, but you can't have $250 triggers in every AR! I end up switching my main lower around to different uppers most of the time.

I've always felt CMC has some great sub $100 options, and oddly, I will never use a Geissele SD3G for 3 gun, it just has too much movement and is too heavy for me to comfortably shoot any groups zeroing, or shoot long range, but maybe that's me?

Hiperfire has some good ones too for the money, but I don't think I'll EVER pay more than the 250 for an AR gold on another trigger.

You can get a Hiperfire for sub $200 easily. They regularly go on sale.

21 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Isn't a slamfire possible with a lot of ARs regardless of trigger and more related to primers, especially with reloaded ammo.

I just don't see how a Hiperfire could cause a slam fire that would be prevented with another trigger short of a mechanical failure.

I've had slam fires too with hiperfiresin, in the week I had one in my rifle for testing. so I guess +1 to that.

I've never had one in 5 years with the Gold ?

On 9/10/2018 at 12:13 PM, SlvrDragon50 said:

True could be but when the bolt is released and the trigger fires I'm pretty sure it's not the ammo. I know a lot of people that have them and love them I just started why I don't have them same as Ford and Chevy 

Just now, chase214 said:

True could be but when the bolt is released and the trigger fires I'm pretty sure it's not the ammo. I know a lot of people that have them and love them I just started why I don't have them same as Ford and Chevy 

Are you sure it's actually the trigger firing and not just the firing pin striking the primer? I just can't see how releasing the bolt releases the hammer unless there's a mechanical defect.

I can't find much searching other than people bump firing the Hiperfire triggers.