Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with Finger Rubbing on Glock Trigger Guard

wanttolearn

Hi, I sure would appreciate some thoughts on how to improve my experience with a new unmodified Glock 34. As a background, while I'm new to Glock I have some proficiency with numerous other pistol platforms and honestly am not generally troubled by trivialities.

I know it sounds silly but i don't want to give up on the platform just yet.

Here's my challenge, my trigger finger rubs rather significantly on the inner aspect of the trigger guard. While i can force/reposition my trigger finger to sit higher on the curve of the trigger it's not at all natural. In addition, my support hand index finger is getting beat up abutting the undersurface of the trigger guard as well, though this is of less concern.

I've never experienced a similar challenges with either of my 1911s or Sig Sauer Pistols.

Wondering if there is a different trigger or something i could try to rectify this.

To add insult to injury the pistol ejects right back towards my head.

I aaked the same question a few months back after buying a MOS 34. Since I am shooting CO, it is legal to take your dremel and remove some of the undercut.of the trigger guard. It only took a small amount of material removal to make a huge difference.

2 minutes ago, wanttolearn said:

thanks...will try that

any thoughts about the rubbing inside the trigger guard as well? wondering if a different trigger face profile might help.

If you remove material (dremel an undercut),  your gun will no longer be Production division legal.

Is yours a gen 4? If so, try medium or large back strap so with a firm HIGH grip, your finger tip just falls on the trigger. A larger blackstrap  should eliminate the finger rub. When I say HIGh grip, view a YouTube “Robert Vogel Grip.” 

That's why I pointed it out in the post that I shot Carry Optics, Grumpyone is absolutely correct, even minor reshaping of the trigger guard undercut makes it Production illegal. If you replace the trigger parts externally like the trigger itself, that would also rule it out of Production, and Carry Optics as well. If I shot Production, Glock would not work for me. You might have to move to a different platform if the trigger system does not work out for you.

If you want to stay in Production, there are XDm's, Walthers, CZ's, and Smith & Wessons to choose from.

I have the same problem with a G34 Gen 4 I recently acquired. It’s my first and only Glock. According to the following thread, it appears to be a problem known as “Glock Knuckle” for some of us:

I don’t have fat fingers but do have somewhat big, bony knuckles on thin fingers. The middle finger knuckle rubbing isn’t too bad, but it’s there. I may try wrapping it with some tape or a band aid or just let nature take its course and grow yet another callous on my hands and fingers.

From the thread above, it appears that the Gen 5 Glocks have addressed this issue with a reshaped or thinner trigger guard. I don’t know when the Gen 5 34 is coming out, but I’ve read reports it may be sometime this year.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahh, the ole Glock knuckle, I found out about it years ago while shooting a G22 for a week at a shooting course, pain and tape were both present that week, every since a Dremel tool has been my real friend. 

On 1/6/2018 at 11:45 AM, wanttolearn said:

wow, didn't realize. perhaps this pistol isn't the right one for me.

Sell or trade guns. If it has to be uncomfortable it can't be fun.  Try the Springfield Armory 5.25 competition model.  Completely different grip angle and gun.  Shooting should be fun and equipment should feel right, right out the gate.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 11:02 PM, wanttolearn said:

i understand, Will work with it a bit longer and see if gain comfort with the platform. 

appreciate the info

its a Gen 3

you  could carry  some  textile  plasters  and  apply  some  on your  problematic  finger.i did  it  years  ago  when i  was  suffering  the  same  condition.then i  moved  all my  glocks  in  limited  (via  expensive  mods)    and  of course  proceeded  to  the  well  known trigger guard  undercuts.