Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FGW Limited Pistol on it's way

RangerTrace

A couple months ago I ordered this pistol from Freedom Gunworks to get back into Limited Major.  I kept the build pretty close to my IDPA pistol to make it easier to transition between the two sports.  I should have it in my hands on Friday.  If it looks as good in person and it does in the photo, I'm gonna be very happy with it.  

26654600_10155176551607371_636914704_o.jpg

Well, my transition to non-SV pistols continues to expand my reloading knowledge/experience.  While my long time SV load of a 180 grain Zero TMJ, over 5.4 grains of N320 to 1.20" will shoot, it's too long.  I had already loaded up a copy of AAA .40 long which was the same bullet, over 5.0 grains of N320 to 1.180.  That too was a little long and even though it would pass the Dillon case gauge, I need to add a little bit of crimp to pass the plunk test.  So for the FGW Limited gun the magic numbers appear to be 1.170" with a .419" crimp.

On 1/7/2018 at 6:22 PM, RangerTrace said:

Well, my transition to non-SV pistols continues to expand my reloading knowledge/experience.  While my long time SV load of a 180 grain Zero TMJ, over 5.4 grains of N320 to 1.20" will shoot, it's too long.  I had already loaded up a copy of AAA .40 long which was the same bullet, over 5.0 grains of N320 to 1.180.  That too was a little long and even though it would pass the Dillon case gauge, I need to add a little bit of crimp to pass the plunk test.  So for the FGW Limited gun the magic numbers appear to be 1.170" with a .419" crimp.

Send out the barrel to Beven Grams to ream them for longer ammo

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, RangerTrace said:

Why did you go to a non SV? Great looking FGW

Edited by lppd4