Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite lowers

It looks like a lot of gun makers will not sell a lower independent of an upper (e.g., JP).

I am interested in getting a lower and mating it with a GMR-13 upper that I already have.

Does anyone know of a company that sells complete, Glock-compatible lowers?  Looking for something that has a good mag release (I absolutely hate the mag release in the GMR-13 I have).  Some thing that feeds well, reloads well and has a trigger that will reliably reset.  A good trigger would be nice, but I can always go aftermarket for that.

I have seen that QC-10 sells a pistol lower which I am not even sure is legal for me in CA.  This was my first choice, but I am wondering if there are other options.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Nemesis Lead
8 minutes ago, CharlieD said:

Last I checked JP sells the GMR15 lower by itself.

Would LOVE it if you were right, but the rifle builder does not show the lower being available by itself.  I also emailed JP last year and they refused to sell a lower by itself which is strange since they do this for most other guns.

Not to gripe, but this is wrong headed of JP.  The GMR-13 had minor issues which were corrected in the GMR-15.  They seem to want GMR-13 owners to just buy a complete GMR-15.  I won't do it.  Time to buy from another maker. 

12 minutes ago, Nemesis Lead said:

Would LOVE it if you were right, but the rifle builder does not show the lower being available by itself.  I also emailed JP last year and they refused to sell a lower by itself which is strange since they do this for most other guns.

Not to gripe, but this is wrong headed of JP.  The GMR-13 had minor issues which were corrected in the GMR-15.  They seem to want GMR-13 owners to just buy a complete GMR-15.  I won't do it.  Time to buy from another maker. 

Email or call them, i’m pretty sure they will sell the lowers now.

They sell lower receivers and complete lowers, but they may not sell them to you because you're in California.  I don't think they had a California 'compliant', ie. bullet button receiver.  Now that the new laws went into effect in California, you will have to ask if they will sell here.

Edited by Ming the Merciless

Hey Nemesis, 

Here are the part #'s for GMR-15 receivers: 

Lower Kit: JPGMR15LR-K1
Lower with Trigger: JPGMR15LR-K2
Lower with Roller Trigger: JPGMR15LR-K3

If you need any help ordering I sent you a PM with my contact information, would be happy to get you set up. As far as receivers, last year when they released the GMR-15 there were so many orders that every receiver was going into a gun from what I understand. 

I've been quite happy with my GMR's. Right now they are at ~20,000 rounds on my 1st and ~25,000 rounds on the 2nd. I will admit having lots of help getting the 2nd broken in so well. 

Cheers!

19 minutes ago, Old3GNR said:

OP, The GMR-13 mag release is relatively easy to fix using an Odin Works mag release extension.

IMG_0888.JPG

How is that working for you?  Probably 3 out of 4 of my reloads are fine.  Then the 4th one is so stuck that I have to use my thumb to drop the mag and I get a 5 second reload.

2 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Hey Nemesis, 

Here are the part #'s for GMR-15 receivers: 

Lower Kit: JPGMR15LR-K1
Lower with Trigger: JPGMR15LR-K2
Lower with Roller Trigger: JPGMR15LR-K3

If you need any help ordering I sent you a PM with my contact information, would be happy to get you set up. As far as receivers, last year when they released the GMR-15 there were so many orders that every receiver was going into a gun from what I understand. 

I've been quite happy with my GMR's. Right now they are at ~20,000 rounds on my 1st and ~25,000 rounds on the 2nd. I will admit having lots of help getting the 2nd broken in so well. 

Cheers!

Thank you for this and the PM.  I saw these parts, but California FFLs are skittish on taking COMPLETE lowers much less something incomplete.  I have a couple of emails out to FFLs and am waiting to see what they will take.

NFA lowers or PSA lowers work, but I do think they tend to be a little sloppy on tolerances. This is just opinion based on owning one and seeing a few friends'.   I love the QC10 I bought.  It is well thought out and machined.  I would have a hard time spending $450 on a JP lower.  Just buy a complete JP if you're going that route.  My .02

11 minutes ago, longbeard said:

Just buy a complete JP if you're going that route.  My .02

Thanks, Longbeard.  I will say this----I already own 2 complete JPs.  They are great guns, but one thing that drives me NUTS is that they use red (not blue) loctite all over their guns.  I recently placed an order for a GMR-15 and asked them to "hold the red loctite" since I would be changing a few parts out.  They refused.  I cancelled the order. 

The red loctite just makes it just a nightmare to take them apart if you are changing out their (way overweight and too thick) handguards, for example.  I once tried to swap out a buffer tube and found that red loctite was there too which makes NO sense since there is a staked castle nut there.....

The high prices of JPs and their stubborness on issues such as this are what prompted this thread.  So I won't be buying a complete GMR-15.

The new PX9 PSA lower is pretty solid. It's being machined in house. The magazine angle was modified and they are a lot tighter than the PA9 lowers were. If you want to spend more, do not rule out the LeadStar solid or skeletonized lowers or receiver sets. The integrated feed ramp and LRBHO puts it at the top of the pack IMO.

The answer is yes (if they are both Mil-spec, which I'm guessing they are).

Do you have the JP internals? If not then simply purchase a Hiperfire 24C trigger and a compatible safety, and you're good to go.

The 24C will self-polish to about the 2 and 1/5 pound mark. Sweet!

12 hours ago, dlightning said:

Can you build a QC 10 with all JP internals.  That way you have the reliability of the JP and the looks of the QC and save some cash?  

Hello: I would get a Hiperfire 24 series trigger, Oden Works mag release, Strike Industries bolt release, mil spec buffer tube, MFT stock, Hogue or Ergo grip. The QC10 lowers are great and work well. Thanks, Eric

Let me say this about the lowly little Magpul MOE-K grip. It may not be very elegant, or have finger groves, or palm swells, or lightening holes, but it does, none-the-less, have a lot going for itself.

It's inexpensive, for one thing. It comes in colors. And, it only weighs 2.4 ounces. That's down there with the CF's.

After all. When blasting through a stage at 125 miles an hour all you need is something to hold on to.