Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
jstagn

fiber optic rod

What manufacturers fiber optic rod inserts are you using? Color?

Dawson Precision sells them with free shipping, but they only sell red and green. I use red, but ideally you should try multiple colors.

Red. Ordered the red and green refill pack when I bought the Dawson sight. I think the red is working fine for me. 

Red works well for me, but now I'm intrigued by that link above and might do some experimentation lol

I got quite a lot of replacement material from Dawson also.  I Greatly prefer the Green.

Red means stop - Green means Go

On 1/13/2018 at 12:30 PM, synchronicity said:

I got quite a lot of replacement material from Dawson also.  I Greatly prefer the Green.

Red means stop - Green means Go

Interesting thought lol. I generally pick red as i also use RMRs with red dots on other weapons (benelli M4, AR15), so a glowing red dot = go for me

I use dawson Red when I'm outside but green for indoor use. Works well for me 

On 1/2/2018 at 5:46 PM, CHA-LEE said:

Best place online I have found to buy Fiber optic rod....... Get a sample pack and test out the colors yourself.

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Archery.htm

This man speaks the truth! That's where I get mine from, cus paying too much for the same thing is dumb.

Dawson green rod. Was doing red, but the green one was easier to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawson as well, just switched from green to red on my handgun and shotgun. After shooting a PCC with a red dot for the last year I find it much easier to pick up the red fiber optic now.

I use same archery place. Bought 3 ft of it a few years ago. I'll be able to give it to my kids when I die. 

Dawson red for me as well. A couple of the above responses do have me curious to try some different colors though. I have defaulted to red, as that’s just what I have always used. Maybe it’s time to branch out a bit.

My first dawson set I used red. Bought another gun, ordered another Dawson sight set, and decided to try the green. Less than a month later my other gun got changed to green. Indoors and outdoors I prefer the green.

I use Red on all my Dawson’s, tried Green but went back to Red just easier for me.