Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 mm recoil spring options....

Dranoel

What is the lightest recoil spring I can run in my Kimber 10mm? I have been considering increasing the mainspring but how low will that allow me to go with the recoil spring and not beat it to pieces? Anyone have experience with it?

Couple of ?'s from a long time 10mm shooter!

What are you trying to accomplish?

Softer recoil feeling or less sight dip for follow up shots?

IF you're trying to soften the gun up while shooting.  A Squared off firing pin stop is favored by many people, I don't feel a big difference but many say they do.

A recoil spring that leaves the empty brass 6-8 ft from where you're standing should allow a perceived softer recoil feel but cause the gun to dip more as it returns to battery.

If you're looking for faster sight recovery that usually means lighter springs but then the frame takes a higher impact and you feel more recoil but the front of the gun doesn't dip as much.

I've not found that raising the MS weight an effective solution BUT we are talking about what you feel and perceive .

So ultimately, suggest you get a spring pack from wolfe that offers 3 different recoil spring weights and try them all and see what gives the feel you want.

If you're concerned about the frame "getting beat to pieces" go with the heavier set of recoil spring pack.