thouston406

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

On 8/9/2018 at 1:49 AM, Hunter91 said:

Hows your goals coming along?

Shooting my first match for the year this afternoon (I know, I know... been a stupid busy year). And on top of that, my first Standard Div shoot. Let's see if I stop for ice cream on the way home... :P

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2018 at 6:55 PM, 3gunDQ said:

1) Be happy

2) give zero f*#ks

3) make GM

4) win

5) pay less taxes

1) working on this happy bull$hit

2) erry day, check

3) check

4) won some stuff, goal not met

5) with the tax cuts I’m optimistic here. 

Edited by 3gunDQ

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:48 AM, Hunter91 said:

Hows your goals coming along?

I've won every local in pcc I think

I've got 1st in pcc at every major except Lucas

Working out at 4:30am 4 days a week

Made M and close to GM

Got into open instead of CO

Still working on dry fire consistency lol

I posted my 2018 goals of January 2. Not many goals but A class in SCSA (OSR and ISR), Dryfire every day and have fun in the process.

So here we are 8 months later, labor day weekend.

I have certainly had fun this year. This is the first year since starting this adventure in late fall 2014 that I have had an enjoyable time and considerably less stress.

Dryfire: I get the gun out on average of 4 times/week. Need to increase that.

SCSA A class: Made A class in OSR, still a ways to go in ISR which to be truthful is kicking me in my butt.

I don't think I helped myself much by starting to shoot open rimfire pistol (and rifle) in local rimfire challenge and wildcat steel matches. That wasn't even of the radar screen last January.

Overall I'm happy with my progress this year. I need to work on not being lazy and start becoming more focused on the task at hand. I don't feel too let down about where I'm at in ISR as I haven't put in the time or effort as of yet. I'm at just shy of 70% there so I'm confident that I will make it eventually. I want to get this under control so that I can shoot some USPSA and ICORE without having to think too deeply into what I'm doing for simple survival. I'm trying to be honest in evaluating where I'm at and what I can realistically expect going forward. My main goal going into next year will be to improve on SCSA OSR.

I didn't post at the beginning of the year but my 2018 goals are pretty simple:

1. Improve my fitness

2. Initial classification in PCC

3. Have fun doing it

So far I have made good progress with my overall fitness this year but I'm still short on the PCC classification.

Really need to shoot more...but it's always fun when I do.

• 2 weeks later...

Got B class in late July and shot my first major match at the end of September. I was hoping to get A class before the end of the year but  I don't know that I'll shoot enough matches now to make that happen. I've been dry firing probably 4-5 days a week and live firing 1-2 days a week most weeks. Been finishing better and better and like someone said, it seems as if things are finally clicking now like someone above said. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping to make A in carry optics this year. Would love to get a win in Carry Optics. I used to focus on class wins but hell, I really want to win the whole division. I've been shooting better so a class win is within reach.