Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 - Cases not engaging shell plate

I've been running fine with the FFB shell plate for many 10's of thousands of rounds.  I do have an aftermarket cam on the shell case feed mechanism and I've learned to use a feeler gauge as the starting point for adjustment.  After that I just cycle a single case back and forth looking for the slightest bump when entering the shell plate to refine the locking ring adjustment until the case enters the plate smoothly.  I have found that after several thousand rounds the locking ring can move slightly.

• 9 months later...

Im having similar problems with brass indexing into shell plate im not even doing the priming or depinnng, runing preprimed clean brass .45ACP with 230gr hollow point.

For presicion equipment the shellplate floats a quite a,bit sometimes  it jams as slamming into the plate which causes me to back the handle a bit ans push down on the shell to get it to engage with plate then there is also then the tipping problem  as the plate indexes to next rotation the shell just  flies  off

Gonna try the recoil spring  in shuttle slide see if i can find one that is a bit more worn out..  as for using a filler gage .. the tigthter i make it the more screwed up it is 

Im unsure what ffb is or if the press has the stock plate on it or not...any way to tell?

3000 rounds in 7 hours is not productive at all..