Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being an Intuitive person and needing things in context, I added up people's scores.

INTROVERT=22, EXTROVERT=7

INTUITIVE-21, SENSOR=8

THINKER=20, FEELER=9

JUDGER=13, PERCEIVER=16

It would be interesting to compare these stats to national averages.

• 4 weeks later...

INTP 89 78 44 11, which is similar to the result of the test I did 15 years ago.

My wife, who is also a pistol shooter, is ESFJ 1 44 78 33

The Jung Marriage Test fell in the region of "Run like Hell". I don't think so. :wub:

I, too, am an INTJ. I thought that only something like 2% of the population were INTJs, yet we seem to be getting proportionately more than that in this thread. I wonder, along with some previous posters, whether INTJ's are disproportionately represented in shooting.

Lincoln

SG,

Define normal!

Is it normal for someone with a cat with an attitude as their on-screen representation to be asking the opinion of those that are represented by...acient helmets, super-heros, plastic blasters, scraggly devils, Homer J. /w the business-end, Clint E... and the like?

:D:D:D:D

Result = ENTJ :D

E = 44%

N = 44%

T = 56%

J = 56%

Me want something to DO!

Me want leadership opportunities!

Me want responsibility!

Let me TALK!

Let me ORGANIZE!

Gimme PEOPLE!!

(most importantly, let me SHOOT!) :lol:

Whew!... Well, now that that's over with..... B)

INTP

SG-No, your type doesn't change. But, the tests aren't always accurate. Read the descriptions under Duanes earlier reply. That should help sort things out.

I find one thing real interesting in everyone's types. There sure are a lot of INTP's and INTJ's here. Supposedly, INTP's make up 1-2% of the population while INTJ's make up 2%. That's less than 4%. But, they're close to 50% here. I wonder if that's representative of the general competition shooting population. Or, is it just that we tend to be knowledge seekers and migrate to places like BE's forums.

BE-You've done a lot of research into this. What are the types of some of the top shooters?

Here's a place where they list percentages.

http://keirsey.com/cgi-bin/stats.cgi

It may be scewed though since it was a from test done online.

People with more of a temperament of liking computers might be more represented on the test.

Also I was thinking that the stats that I added up in this forum might be a little skewed too.

It not only adds up practical shooters.

But also practical shooters who like computers

And also practical shooters who really like to socialize with other people of the same interest.

If determining the average personality type of practical shooters - you would also have to find a way to include shooters who hate computers and socializing online.

(I'm an INTJ - I can't help it. :( I'm detail orientated :P )

Going by the stats here.

http://www.infj.org/typestats.html

And by my old stats ...

First number - us, second number - others

INTROVERT=75% - 49%

EXTROVERT=25% - 51%

INTUITIVE=72% - 27%

SENSOR=28% - 73%

THINKER=69% - (men=57%, women = 25%)

FEELER=31% - (men=43%, women = 75%)

JUDGER=45% - 54%

PERCEIVER=55% - 46%

From my statistical analysis

Practical Shooters are...

More Introverted than Extroverted

Vastly more Intuitive than Sensors

More Thinkers than Feelers (which may explain why so few women)

About the same(considering the margin of error) for judgers and perceivers.

I think that obviously the Intuitive thing is the key here.

I the more that I read about Intuitives and Sensors...

Sensates pay more attention to the outside world, the current surroundings and its immediate needs, whereas intuitives heed the promptings of the inner world of thoughts and feelings. Intuitives are more likely to have their heads in the future or the past, exploring possibilities and pathways

I think that the big difference between the stats on this practical shooting bulletin board and the rest of the world might have something more to do with Intuitives likeing to explore things on internet bulletin boards more than practical shooters being Intuitives.

I think that there might be a lot of sensor practical shooters out there who just don't give a damn about exploring stuff on the internet. <_<

Pretty small test bed on which to base any assumptions. If you had 500 or 1000 subjects, it might reveal something, but with the number who have posted here, it means NOTHING.

Sheesh, It's not like I was going to publish the results in some medical journal. I was only pointing out some obvious trends.