Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PC Carbine

1 hour ago, DesertTortoise said:

My production load (pretty much the same as yours) had a noticeable difference in dot movement with the comp vs without it. I was only expecting more noise so this was nice.

shooting my buddies PCC load was better still. I didn’t test a pcc load with vs without a comp though. 

What comp did you use? Do you know what your buddies load was?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got my Beartooth Comb Raising Kit 2.0. I spent almost 1 hour trying to get it to fit. Couple of things.

Its to long for the Ruger stock. The thicker pads do not conform to the top of the stock pushing you head to the side. It worked, but my cheek weld with the 1/2" and 5/8" pad

put the dot to the left of the window. I am back to my ugly stock until I find a stick on that is 1/2"

1 hour ago, ekraus said:

I just got my Beartooth Comb Raising Kit 2.0. I spent almost 1 hour trying to get it to fit. Couple of things.

Its to long for the Ruger stock. The thicker pads do not conform to the top of the stock pushing you head to the side. It worked, but my cheek weld with the 1/2" and 5/8" pad

put the dot to the left of the window. I am back to my ugly stock until I find a stick on that is 1/2"

I use used a 3/16 kick eez cheek eez pad with my vortex venom. It is perfect. Amazon also sells 1/4 pads. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KW7G4Q/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?psc=1

you could stack two of them. 

On 5/14/2018 at 12:34 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Please define what his PCC specific load was, for sure.

light or heavy bullet? Fast or slow powder?

It's a 135 grain coated bullet over 3 grains WSF which I think is a medium burn rate.

On 5/13/2018 at 11:59 PM, jeremy kemlo said:

What comp did you use? Do you know what your buddies load was?

I've got the TACCOM comp

Triggers......you are gonna maybe like this.......

I purchased a complete Volquartsen 10/22 trigger kit from MidwayUSA for $138......now I set the 10/22 buffer, mag release and bolt release aside......used all the other parts I believe and the trigger is much nicer. It was actually cheaper to buy it that way than to buy the parts I needed. separately. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/928141815/volquartsen-high-performance-action-parts-kit-plus-ruger-10-22

Hammer, sear, disconnector, trigger, hammer spring & strut, trigger return spring

It's all drop in parts

15 hours ago, DesertTortoise said:

Hammer, sear, disconnector, trigger, hammer spring & strut, trigger return spring

It's all drop in parts

On the 10/22 using just the volquartsen hammer kit got you about 85% of the entire trigger kit at 25% of the cost. Does anyone know if that is similar with the PCC? 

3 hours ago, Steve RA said:

Sounds like a much better deal than the whole kit with unused parts left over.

The hole kit would have the Benefit of an over travel screw. That’s it. If you think it needs less overtraval it would be easy to do. I am going to put one it from the back of the trigger guard.  Should take about 10 min. 

9 hours ago, jeremy kemlo said:

If you think it needs less overtraval it would be easy to do. I am going to put one it from the back of the trigger guard.  Should take about 10 min. 

If you don't want to drill on the gun or just aren't sure of your mister-fix-it skills,  there's always the poor man's method - epoxy a small eraser to the inside of the trigger guard. File down as needed. Paint it the color of your choice. Replace as needed if it pops off but I had one on a well used pistol and it never popped off.

I shot a small indoor match with mine.  I shot the match clean but slower than I would have with my AR 9mm.  I find I cannot move the same way I would have if I had a pistol grip stock.  If anyone knows of any videos I could watch it would be appreciated.  I tried looking at 3 gun videos of shotgun shooters but they are reloading when moving and there tends not to me as much moving around obstacles.  I love the rifle the cost is super cheap.  I am into it for less than $1k with the optic, taccom magwell, charging handle, extended mag release, full volquartsen hp trigger and mbx COMP.  I am surprised how flat it shots.

6 hours ago, MegaCleanCab said:

.  I shot the match clean but slower than I would have with my AR 9mm.  I find I cannot move the same way I would have if I had a pistol grip stock. mbx COMP.  I am surprised how flat

Pretty interesting I have the same issue . On my AR I have a vertical grip. And I find that I shoot it much faster although the groups are not as tight. I told someone else that I shoot with

and has a Ruger I was going to try the AR this weekend.

13 hours ago, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

What seems to be the red dot of choice? Viper? Venom? C more? Etc? Won't have a chance to try the various ones to see what heights are available but leaning towards venom. 

Venom 6 moa with a 3/16 kick eez cheek eez. Can be found on amazon. Besides the dot lining up perfectly it is also a lot more comfortable.

c-more is way to high. 

I use a SIG ROMEO1 on their Picatinny mount. I like a longer stock and installed spacers to 14 1/8 LOP. The sight alignment is perfect for me.... hit the mount and the dot is right there.  It's no different than my 10/22.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2018 at 6:07 AM, sx2gl35 said:

When you remove the ghost rings you expose three threaded holes, two of which held the rear sight; and there are also two more under the front sight post.   Since I no longer need the ghost ring sights and want to preserve the threading needed to reattach them, I want to plug them to preserve them.   (The holes do not go into the rifling.)  There is a dedicated hardware item to do this very thing and it's available from Brownells; they are called: Positive Stop Screws and come in 6-40 and 6-48 threads.   I had hoped someone (a Ruger enthusiast) would know real quick like, but not.   I have since learned that 6-48 might be the one, but that needs confirmation.   I have ordered the 6-48 PSS's and will confirm when they get here.   Thanks to all!

Did you ever confirm the size of the screws?

thanks