Ruger PC Carbine

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ekraus said:

I made a temporary cheek rest out of strips of yoga mat and athletic wrap. It sits up 1/2". It worked but I need a little bit more to get the correct view of the Cmore dot.

Then i think I may get the Baretta Gel Tec cheek pad and put some adhesive foam from Wallmart under it to get it to the proper height and be done with that issue. My next

project may be to cut a triangle out of the stock. The gun has great balance but its a bit heavy. I also think I finally found the load but haven't chroned it yet.

115g  over 4.8g HP38 at 1.135. Using an Alchin Comp. Double tap groups are about 1". The guns is sweet!

What distance are you shooting your double taps?

15 hours ago, MegaCleanCab said:

I see they make a  PCC specific comp.  I like the MBX the best so far but I have only tried the MBX, Taccom 2 port, and a JP.  I really do not care for the aesthetics of the MBX.  I just ordered the Allchin to see how it goes.

I have a Taccom on my AR Carbine. I shoot with a guy that makes a 3 port that a bunch are using on there AR's. I like the Ruger much more.

14 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

What distance are you shooting your double taps?

I have been noticing the groups that close (around 1") since I moved from 100g RNHB to the 115s. I shot 6 stages so far with the 115s. Distances are variable. Double tap groups are tighter then I have ever had with any of my guns. Other shooters are telling me the gun

doesn't jump. Only thing I am changing now is the cheek plate and will make it more permanent. I am going to wait a couple more months before i start butchering the plastic.

15 hours ago, Frozen said:

So allchin comp works for the ruger? I am doing some research on pcc comps ,, note : I have 2 allchin comps on my steel Challenge rimfire Guns they are nice emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. He made one for a friend of mines Ruger and then made one for me. I have an Alchin comp on one of my Ruger steel rimfire guns. Just some info for the

rimfire guns. I was using CCI Standard Velocity and moved to MiniMags. More gas.

Yep. He made one for a friend of mines Ruger and then made one for me. I have an Alchin comp on one of my Ruger steel rimfire guns. Just some info for the
rimfire guns. I was using CCI Standard Velocity and moved to MiniMags. More gas.

I have one coming for mine.

Yea mini mags are all I shoot in steel Challenge Match [emoji106]

I found a cheek rest that is made out of neoprene and can go from 1/8" to 5/8" that should put me on the center of the dot.

Beartooth Comb Raising Kit 2.0 - Premium Neoprene Gun Stock Cover + (5) Hi-density Foam Inserts - No Loops Model - MADE IN USA

I found a cheek rest that is made out of neoprene and can go from 1/8" to 5/8" that should put me on the center of the dot.

Beartooth Comb Raising Kit 2.0 - Premium Neoprene Gun Stock Cover + (5) Hi-density Foam Inserts - No Loops Model - MADE IN USA

I've got that on my 10/22. The spacers are mix and match different sizes so you stack them to get the right height. I wrapped the foam with electrical tape and then slid the cover over because the foam would roll out of place on it's own.

Works great, looks a bit ugly 

d01c7b8526d57f42a31401d8b4d3de3f.jpg5a68e9825298d27d3b94beedbbccef00.jpg

14 minutes ago, DesertTortoise said:

I've got that on my 10/22. The spacers are mix and match different sizes so you stack them to get the right height. I wrapped the foam with electrical tape and then slid the cover over because the foam would roll out of place on it's own.

Works great, looks a bit ugly 

d01c7b8526d57f42a31401d8b4d3de3f.jpg5a68e9825298d27d3b94beedbbccef00.jpg

Really like my PCC. Just finished adding goodies. Mag release lever didn’t work for me (Too much flex) but the Big button on the strong hand side is the ticket. Just bring your hand back like you are hitting the bolt release on a Shotgun. Quick squeeze and go for a fresh Mag. Less likely to be hit accidentally as well. Taran comp is GTG. 

89BC7AB6-C3E9-4E55-9421-795789519DBE.jpeg

FD9B1BED-A322-483E-A061-DA280430ADD1.jpeg

C5642969-8426-41AE-BB2A-4BDB207962DF.jpeg

Strongly agree with GIO on the mag release.  Button on the weak side caused unintentional mag drops.  Lever was too cumbersome and not positive enough.   During a match I saw another shooter hit the lever on the strong hand side with his weak hand as GIO described, and I tried it for several shoots...for me it was faster.

I am in agreement. The lever never worked for me. Flexed to much and actually jammed. After I took the lever off I put the button on the weak side. I shot 2 stages and on both running down

the lane I moved my weak hand back and inadvertently dropped the mag. I moved it to the strong side and it works as should. Mostly doing a mag change is  during classifiers. If a manufacture can make a lever works I am in. One other thing is I put the charge handle on and then took it off the Ruger works fine. I haven had a jam yet so the charge handle I believe

doesn't need to be extended.   The gun eats anything. Sub minor or even major. 100g to 165g bullets. All different loads and powders.

I just got one but have not yet got out to shoot it.  Looks like the Taccom stuff is the way to go.  Not convinced that a comp is really needed for anything more than looks.  I've shot my AR9 without a comp on and I don't see much of a difference.  I'll have to decide on whether I need a cheek riser once I select an optic.

Handled one for the first time today, was surprised how heavy it was.  Guess I was expecting more of a 10/22 weight.  Looks like a good thing if you don't like/want an AR base PCC.

4 hours ago, ekraus said:

I am in agreement. The lever never worked for me. Flexed to much and actually jammed. After I took the lever off I put the button on the weak side. I shot 2 stages and on both running down

the lane I moved my weak hand back and inadvertently dropped the mag. I moved it to the strong side and it works as should. Mostly doing a mag change is  during classifiers. If a manufacture can make a lever works I am in. One other thing is I put the charge handle on and then took it off the Ruger works fine. I haven had a jam yet so the charge handle I believe

doesn't need to be extended.   The gun eats anything. Sub minor or even major. 100g to 165g bullets. All different loads and powders.

The aftermarket charging handle is more of a "nice to have" for sure but it is pretty nice. Thinking about moving it to the weak side.. If so, technically you could run the gun and never break your grip or downrange focus. 

Where can I get one of those mounts, and screws?

Answer: Brian Miller...just like Solscud said.   And he used the factory screws.   Thank you Brian!!!

Edited by sx2gl35
To answer my own question.

Has any one noticed a difference with a comp vs no comp on this gun? Shot my fist match yesterday with my production load. 147 bayou, 3.0  titegroup, 1.15. 

Talk to another shooter and he said that he didn’t notice a performance difference on his gun, just noise.  I know different loads and different comp combinations will make a difference. If anyone has seen a noticeable difference I would be interested. Don’t want to pay extra money for looks and noise but if there are some performance gains to be made that would be excellent. 

My production load (pretty much the same as yours) had a noticeable difference in dot movement with the comp vs without it. I was only expecting more noise so this was nice.

shooting my buddies PCC load was better still. I didn’t test a pcc load with vs without a comp though. 

4 minutes ago, jeremy kemlo said:

Has any one noticed a difference with a comp vs no comp on this gun? Shot my fist match yesterday with my production load. 147 bayou, 3.0  titegroup, 1.15. 

Talk to another shooter and he said that he didn’t notice a performance difference on his gun, just noise.  I know different loads and different comp combinations will make a difference. If anyone has seen a noticeable difference I would be interested. Don’t want to pay extra money for looks and noise but if there are some performance gains to be made that would be excellent.