Ruger PC Carbine

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/29/2017 at 4:47 PM, L9X25 said:

It reminds me of a beefed up 10/22 also ...

Me too. But priced higher than a Kel-tec. At over $500.00 Im not remotely interested. $350.00 I might actually look at one. Remarkably, they will probably sell a boatload of them.

On 12/28/2017 at 4:51 PM, Joe4d said:

I like it, wonder how accurate it is, beeen jonesing for a PCC for general shooting and truck gun. Cant see crap anymore and just feel like it is wrong to put a scope on a lever gun. Was thinking the bolt 77/357... but this looks neet. I know the old Ruger PC's wernt that accurate and the Mini 14 was horrible.

I googled about this gun. U-Tube video reviews showed very good accuracy and very decent trigger pull. I'm looking 

real hard at this one. Sheels has them on back order. thinking $550.

I am with you guys on the light gun issue. I don't get it. For some I guess it works but keep mine in the 6 ballpark. I played with one of these at the show the other day. Its a pretty neat setup. It did feel heavy for what it is but like others mentioned, its about the same as other PCC's. The takedown locks really well. It is a similar design to the 10/22. I thought it would be a neat PCCI Steel Challenge gun but I'm not sure I would run it in Open if I had a choice. Once people start making aftermarket parts for it, it may pick up. It would be neat to see Magpul make some furniture for it and include a pistol grip and a adjustable stock.

I'm in NY, so this is great for me. However, the mag release is in a strange position. I understand why, especially with adaptable mag wells, the button needs to be in front of the magazine like in the handguns the mags are made for.

In lieu of an aftermarket solution, I'm thinking if you put the mags on your strong side, you could pull your weak hand back for the release while you're getting the magazine, then hit the bolt with your strong hand. Push the gun out into position with your weak hand then grab the grip with your strong and get back to work.

Kind of like a Miculek revolver reload.

Need to pick one up and mess with it.

Edited by daytona955i

I just picked up one of these last Sunday for $529. It didn't even make it on to the rack at the store. I have shot about 150rds through it so far. The factory irons are pretty accurate (I only tested out to 50yds) I will be adding a red dot soon. I am hoping to use this for PCC this spring. I could see how the mag release could be awkward for speed reloads. I am going to run it and see what it will do.

20 hours ago, MurdocJenkins said:

I just picked up one of these last Sunday for $529. It didn't even make it on to the rack at the store. I have shot about 150rds through it so far. The factory irons are pretty accurate (I only tested out to 50yds) I will be adding a red dot soon. I am hoping to use this for PCC this spring. I could see how the mag release could be awkward for speed reloads. I am going to run it and see what it will do.

Nearly EVERY classifier hinges on the speed of your reload.

I'm really excited for this at it's price point. I've been lusting after a 9mm AR for a long time, but just couldn't pull the trigger on one for the price. Also all the talk about problems people have with lower priced AR types. Either way, for the price if it's not all that great it'll still be fun for camping. 

It will be interesting to see if they made the action long enough for 10mm and 45.  Wouldn't it be great to be able to change the bolt, pop off one barrel and put on another one in a different caliber? I wonder if they were thinking forward when they designed it...

16 minutes ago, petrojc said:

It will be interesting to see if they made the action long enough for 10mm and 45.  Wouldn't it be great to be able to change the bolt, pop off one barrel and put on another one in a different caliber? I wonder if they were thinking forward when they designed it...

The video above shows that the actual bolt face is removable so I think they were.

23 hours ago, petrojc said:

They have mentioned that more calibers will be available in the future, but I haven't heard anything other than rumors on what those calibers will be.

On 1/31/2018 at 7:54 AM, petrojc said:

Need a large enough magazine to accomodate this as well.  Wondering if any current owners could look at the magwell design and see if looks like it could accommodate something like a Glock 21 sized mag or if it’s limited to a “small mag” type of 9/40 magazine?

On 2/1/2018 at 3:18 PM, jkrispies said:

Need a large enough magazine to accomodate this as well.  Wondering if any current owners could look at the magwell design and see if looks like it could accommodate something like a Glock 21 sized mag or if it’s limited to a “small mag” type of 9/40 magazine?

Seems like it would be easy enough to release another magwell if they did a large-frame conversion.