Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PC Carbine

1 minute ago, mreed911 said:

Right in front of the trigger like the 10/22?  Perfect spot.  Rest the trigger finger on it before the buzzer and snap it off as you come up to fire.

Yup, no issues there as far as I'm concerned. The Savage I use for bowling pins has it in the exact same spot and it works well.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Underwood said:

could be a decent unit for Steel Challenge .. Any idea on how the recoil setup is ? 

"Dead blow action features a custom tungsten dead blow weight that shortens bolt travel and reduces felt recoil and muzzle rise. Bolt is machined from heat treated, chrome-moly steel to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability."

looks real similar to the cz scorpion setup.

B04CA7E2-ECAD-436F-AF94-037F98DFA943.jpeg

Edited by Garmil

after watching a couple videos on this one thing I noticed is their intention with the magazine release may have been to use a grip with the support hand fairly close to receiver in a position where it can hit the release on the opposite side. ( use left index or middle finger on right side of gun for a right handed shooter)

55 minutes ago, Garmil said:

after watching a couple videos on this one thing I noticed is their intention with the magazine release may have been to use a grip with the support hand fairly close to receiver in a position where it can hit the release on the opposite side. ( use left index or middle finger on right side of gun for a right handed shooter)

The same hand that should be reaching for/bringing up a mag as the current one is being ejected?  Slow, slow, slow.

9 minutes ago, mreed911 said:

The same hand that should be reaching for/bringing up a mag as the current one is being ejected?  Slow, slow, slow.

Yep. Ruger employee using that grip here.

Edited by Garmil

I’m so mixed on this thing. 

Pros:

price

its a takedown. 

takes Glock mags. 

its a blowback but delayed blowback. From what I’m being told it’s like a double bolt design. 

Cons:

its a takedown. Yea both pro and con. May cause unnecessary poi changes and just be a weak spot. 

It’s a rifle stock and no pistol grip

rifle type forend. 

It doesn’t seem suited to PCC. No pistol grip and you can’t get a modern grip out front wrapping your thumb over the forend allowing you to drive the gun. 

It it seems like a good casual/play around/car/prepping type gun. For $500 I’d buy one. 

On 12/28/2017 at 8:00 PM, MikieM said:

All you mentioned are heavy-weights in PCC competition. The trend is, and will continue to be, the lighter...the better. 

Not necessarily.  Many of us have went to a heavy stocked light front gun.  I tried light and it sucked.  

Edited by Shadyscott999
1 hour ago, Shadyscott999 said:

Not necessarily.  Many of us have went to a heave stocked light front gun.  I tried light and it sucked.  

28 minutes ago, jkrispies said:

+1

You guys went back to the 7 pounders, did ya?

Nope.  6 and some change.  6 lbs, 1.5 oz and 6lbs 6.5 oz to be exact.  Lightweight in front and heavier stock in rear so they balance on the trigger— very nice swing and stop with the weight in reat helping to absorb the recoil impulse.  I like it.  

Edited by jkrispies
42 minutes ago, jkrispies said:

... Lightweight in front and heavier stock in rear so they balance on the trigger— very nice swing and stop with the weight in reat helping to absorb the recoil impulse.  I like it.  

That is what I have also found.  I have long AL linear comps pinned to shorter (10.5") barrels.  I bought a Guard, 16" 9mm.  It was great, but I could really tell the difference when swinging from target to target.  Just sold it and just received a Guard 8" barrel, BCG and lower for a new build.  I am usually around 6 lbs even, but this build should be lighter.

I’m not opposed to light, per se, but I’ll take a heavier well-balanced gun over one that is lightweight and potentially off-balance just for the sake of being lightweight.  I’m good with adding some (hopefully funtional) weight in either front or back to get the balance point where I want it.  I’m looking at building an iron-sighted rimfire rifle in the future that could get very light but for my PCC’s I really like where I’m at.  

On 12/29/2017 at 9:38 AM, 3gunDQ said:

My guess is it that gun is built to be Cali compliant.... No buffer tube, no pistol grip, and offered in the 10 round variety. 

DING DING DING!!!!!

Back on topic... looks like a good iron sighted option for folks who live behind enemy lines and want a PCC... just for life, if not competition purposes.  Now, if it were available in 10mm with glock mags, that would be a sweet truck/camping gun.