Ruger PC Carbine

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/24/2018 at 11:50 PM, TRUBL said:

In our neck of the woods......we are seeing $500-$525 and at under $800.......I'd go Ruger over the AR

I agree. I’ve owned PSA-9 and JRC-9 and now a Ruger PC9. The Ruger has a better trigger and MUCH MUCH MUCH better recoil system! It’s actually pretty amazing.

So I installed the volquartsen 10/22 parts. Was actually much easier than assembling a 10/22 trigger since the bolt and mag release are not part of the equation.

Trigger went from 4.5 lbs to 2.5 lbs. Still has a mushy feel, but better than stock. Over travel is gone. Function check was good, but it will be a little bit before I can shoot it due to new babies home now :)

I have had one since January and I'm really liking this carbine...Ive been shooting a 10/22 takedown lite for steel challenge & I was hoping Ruger would bring back their carbine.

I've only shot a couple of matches with it, but it got me to A class & at 71 I'm proud of that ... your's are the first components I've seen for the Ruger and they look really functional...I'm sure I'm going to get some. I would like to know if you are making the 1/4" cheek weld ...if not who does...I put a CMore on mine & that looks perfect for me.

Thanks... edyan A646

Tim, do the iron sights get in the way at all? They seem to sit pretty high, wonder if they take up much in the field of view. What is your technique for reloading? Left hand come off the handguard, hit the button, then go to belt for the mag? Trying to figure out how to do it faster. 

Edited by OPENB
4 hours ago, OPENB said:

Tim, do the iron sights get in the way at all? They seem to sit pretty high, wonder if they take up much in the field of view. What is your technique for reloading? Left hand come off the handguard, hit the button, then go to belt for the mag? Trying to figure out how to do it faster. 

there is a video up in this thread showing how fast we can reload this weapon. The sights do not get in the way........when I get my 507C......I am going to take the sights off and mount a rail section where the rear sight is.......my theory is that because it is a take down, the POA will never move if attached to the barrel, now, that being said......I've seen no POA shift taking the barrel off and on presently.

I installed a TACCOM mag release button and it is so natural to slide your support hand along the forearm, to the receiver and hit the mag release with the palm of your hand. It’s very fast and easy to change mags, especially with TACCOM’s mag well too. I sound like a commercial for Tim ?

On 12/28/2017 at 9:17 PM, sfinney said:

Should be a fun gun.

Would be nice to plink, house defense, truck gun....   and run in PCC as a "I didn't feel like building a purpose built 9mm race rifle that costs $2k and needs endless tuning" type rifle. :ph34r:

Maybe we need a Production PCC division:devil:

THIS!!!!  and the PPCC(tm) division can have this minor only scoring, and RPCC (tm) (Real PCC) can go major/minor...  :devil::devil::devil:

Seriously, almost everyone that shoots PCC in my neck of the woods is still slavering to get one, but the only place that is getting them in stock is Scheels, and they keep getting the Commiefornia models with no threads and 10 round mags.  I know of 4 people now that are on the threaded waiting list...

Edited by barrysuperhawk
31 minutes ago, barrysuperhawk said:

THIS!!!!  and the PPCC(tm) division can have this minor only scoring, and RPCC (tm) (Real PCC) can go major/minor...  :devil::devil::devil:

Seriously, almost everyone that shoots PCC in my neck of the woods is still slavering to get one, but the only place that is getting them in stock is Scheels, and they keep getting the Commiefornia models with no threads and 10 round mags.  I know of 4 people now that are on the threaded waiting list...

The reason they’re getting the Commieforia version is because all of us build our own PCC’s. ??????

I still haven't test fired it, but it all dropped in, fit fine, and passed a function check.

The trigger, sear, and disconnector came put together already with a slave pin that you drive out with the trigger pin thru the trigger assembly. 

The hammer comes with two shims that I put in between either side of the hammer bushing (between the hammer and the bushing-- makes sense when you see it). But there were no instructions on what to do with the shims so that was my educated guess.

I used the hammer spring that came with the kit, I *think* it's a wolf extra power hammer spring but since its for a 22, If I get light strikes I'll switch the original spring back. The spring that came stock with the PC Carbine looks just like the stock one in my 10/22 but that may not mean anything.