Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PC Carbine

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning folks! I got bitten by the Ruger PC9 bug an need your help [emoji4]   I just bought a Ruger  PC9 mainly for competition as I slowly switch division to PCC , (this is my first ever Ruger firearm)  I wanted to improve the trigger and bought a kit from ebay. The hammer came with just the adjustable trigger and no sear.

Volquartsen Ruger 10/22 22LR 22M Aluminum Target Trigger + TARGET HAMMER KIT 

I just noticed that there are other items in EBAY saying "WILL NO FIT BX", so I just wanna verify from folks who's already familiar with the PC9, is this something that would work with the PC9?  I just got the adjustable trigger, will this work even using the stock sear?

Thanks in advance!

ruger_small.jpg.e0fe1f8946325aa775d9fd8e765cc473.jpg

I achieved a 2.5lb-3.0lb pull by simply replacing the hammer, shims and bushings with the stock trigger.

The stock sear doesn’t fit the Volquartsen trigger and I can’t remember if the stock disconnector fits the Volquartsen trigger.

I purchase both the Volquartsen sear/disconnector, added it to the Volquartsen trigger and installed it.

For me there isn’t any difference in pull weight. But the cool factor is there with a Volquartsen trigger.
5 hours ago, quaker said:

Good morning folks! I got bitten by the Ruger PC9 bug an need your help :)   I just bought a Ruger  PC9 mainly for competition as I slowly switch division to PCC , (this is my first ever Ruger firearm)  I wanted to improve the trigger and bought a kit from ebay. The hammer came with just the adjustable trigger and no sear.

I just noticed that there are other items in EBAY saying "WILL NO FIT BX", so I just wanna verify from folks who's already familiar with the PC9, is this something that would work with the PC9?  I just got the adjustable trigger, will this work even using the stock sear?

Thanks in advance!

ruger_small.jpg

The pc9 uses bx width parts so You'll have to use their sear and disconnector or a stock 10/22 sear and disconnector. 

Or you can just use the hammer from the kit

8 hours ago, quaker said:

Good morning folks! I got bitten by the Ruger PC9 bug an need your help :)   I just bought a Ruger  PC9 mainly for competition as I slowly switch division to PCC , (this is my first ever Ruger firearm)  I wanted to improve the trigger and bought a kit from ebay. The hammer came with just the adjustable trigger and no sear.

Thanks in advance!

ruger_small.jpg

I thought the stock trigger was pretty good on mine. Very little pre travel, crisp break at 4lbs, but a ton of over travel. I just drilled and tapped the rear of the trigger guard and installed a small round head screw. Then filed the length of the screw to allow the trigger to have almost a sixteenth of over travel. It greatly improved my splits and I really like the feel now. So I guess I have a adjustable trigger. LOL

Thanks for the info, I guess I just need to return this and just get the whole kit with the trigger's sear / discon ... I was really looking forward in getting the adjustable trigger installed but yup, need more parts! thank you all!

Edited by quaker
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...