• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Underwood said:

says it will take glock mags too ?? 

Yeah the interchangeable magwells is a good idea.  Looks nice but I don’t see it having a big presence is pcc.  A lot different than the ar platform most seem to be sticking to.

I like it, wonder how accurate it is, beeen jonesing for a PCC for general shooting and truck gun. Cant see crap anymore and just feel like it is wrong to put a scope on a lever gun. Was thinking the bolt 77/357... but this looks neet. I know the old Ruger PC's wernt that accurate and the Mini 14 was horrible.

been reading on it, looks pretty cool. Mag well is pretty large, I imagine more calibers to follow, Probably either ruger or aftermarket will make magwell inserts for other gun mags.
Id love to have one in 357, I see alot of other people hoping for a 10mm.

27 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Not everything revolves around USPSA PCC. I like the gun and will buy one for truck gun type duty. I honestly wish it was not a takedown though.

Well no, but the pistol caliber carbine technical forum does.. I could definitely see it selling pretty well in general.

42 minutes ago, Garmil said:

Well no, but the pistol caliber carbine technical forum does.. I could definitely see it selling pretty well in general.

Oh yeah. I didn't notice that until now. It would be fine with a 50-60 round Glock mag in it.

6 minutes ago, MikieM said:

According to Ruger's spec sheet this guns weighs in at a hefty 6.8 pounds. Add an optic sight and it goes over 7.

Kind of reminds me of a girl I once dated who was a little on the heavy side. I met her at the Macy's parade. She was wearing ropes.

She was standing alone on the sidewalk one day and cop came over and told her to break it up.

When she stands up wearing high-heels she strikes oil.

It's ridiculous. :lol:

How so? The JR Carbine weighs 6.1 lbs, the Sig MPX weighs 7.6 lbs, the Freedon Ordnance FX9 IS 6.1 lbs. Seems to me it is right in the ballpark as far as weight is concerned.

6 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

How so? The JR Carbine weighs 6.1 lbs, the Sig MPX weighs 7.6 lbs, the Freedon Ordnance FX9 IS 6.1 lbs. Seems to me it is right in the ballpark as far as weight is concerned.

All you mentioned are heavy-weights in PCC competition. The trend is, and will continue to be, the lighter...the better. 

35 minutes ago, MikieM said:

All you mentioned are heavy-weights in PCC competition. The trend is, and will continue to be, the lighter...the better. 

That’s arguable now and I think it’s too early to say that definitively for the future.

4 hours ago, Underwood said:

looks like mag release is in awkward location too 

Looks like the trigger hand cannot reach mag release unless you release grip, move, and press tab.

Hitting the mag release with weak hand while holding refresh mag would be very slow.

Dont expect to rip the classifiers with this equipment.

But, not everyone shoots pcc with high classifier score intentions.

Price point should be around 550.

Should be a fun gun.

Would be nice to plink, house defense, truck gun....   and run in PCC as a "I didn't feel like building a purpose built 9mm race rifle that costs $2k and needs endless tuning" type rifle. :ph34r:

Maybe we need a Production PCC division. :devil:

I dig it. I'm viewing it as sort of a grown-up 10/22 - it uses a 10/22 trigger, you can bet that there will be aftermarket stocks, and I'd wager that third party manufacturers are already looking at how they can extend that mag release so it can be activated with your trigger finger. 

Disclaimer: I also don't think the Hi Point carbine is an awful gun so feel free to ignore me. Very unrefined and ugly but it just works - I'm getting a similar vibe here.

7 hours ago, Garmil said:

Yeah the interchangeable magwells is a good idea.  Looks nice but I don’t see it having a big presence is pcc.  A lot different than the ar platform most seem to be sticking to.

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these to see if I like it enough for PCC.  My concerns mirror other posters:

7 hours ago, Underwood said:

looks like mag release is in awkward location too 

Yep.  This is something I'm going to need to get a feel for to see if it'll work.  Looking at it I'm not hopeful.

2 hours ago, BlackBuzzard said:

Looks like the trigger hand cannot reach mag release unless you release grip, move, and press tab.

Hitting the mag release with weak hand while holding refresh mag would be very slow.

Dont expect to rip the classifiers with this equipment.

Yep.  I get why it is where it is but really wish they'd done the engineering to either move it back a bit or give some sort of lever the firing hand could reach forward and trip.

Well they have it in a thread 15rd configuration and nonthreaded 10 rd. It’s a big deal for states like Cali and NY. Really the only reasonably non expensive way to get a PCC here Is to build one with a locked mag but that makes it so you can’t shoot competition with it. Between that, me being a big 10/22 fan and the fact that Ruger customer service has always been top notch to me I’m definitely in for on.

Also there is preorders out there now for like $515 so I’d say that’s reasonable.

For PCC use....other then mag release....take a look at the location of the safety.

Right in front of the trigger like the 10/22?  Perfect spot.  Rest the trigger finger on it before the buzzer and snap it off as you come up to fire.