Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P14 Mag Extensions

Triggerbender

Been away from pistol for a while and getting back to it I want to rebuild my Para P14 mags and add an extension.

Where can the kits be purchased, seems like all are out of stock or not listed any more,  all seemed to have moved to 9 and 40 platform leaving the 45 out in the cold.

Not sure are the P16 tubes narrower than the P14 are base pads the same? Can the same follower can be used in both tubes?

Thanks

Edited by Triggerbender

One of the best, if not the best, bases for high capacity magazines is made by Bevin Gram with Grams Engineering in Costa Mesa, CA.

http://www.gramsengineering.com/

I have all my P-14 mags with his extended base pads and they now carry 18 rounds. I also have my Glocks with Bevin's pads (G-21, G-19), as well as my competition gun in 40 S&W. That carries 19 rounds. The pads are easy to clean which is a big plus when shooting matches, and he is a magician in twinking mag tubes. He also has other items for the shooter worth looking at.

Good luck and have a Happy New Year!

8 hours ago, Triggerbender said:

I went to his site before and after this post and it shows nothing for Para.

Even when you click on his Para followers nothing found

Thanks

Beven has followers and springs for Para mags. His basepads have been out of production for quite a while. Give him a call and he will fill you in. ;)

On 12/31/2017 at 12:17 AM, dogtired said:

Dawson has halted production of their basepads, Arrendondo makes them, Taylor Freelance is working on an extension for Rock Island Mec Gar mag extensions which should work also.  

I also looked for Arrendondo on their site, found followers only, some other sites had the kits listed but out of stock, Taylor Freelance or Mr. Beven might be the only hope.

Thanks

Edited by Triggerbender

So if I have this right, 9,40 and 45 tubes are the same size for bases?

So if I got say a +4 for a 40 I might get +2 or +3 in the 45?

I have all Para brand mags and 1 Mecgar that turned out to only hold 13, -1 from the Paras.

Thanks

10 hours ago, dogtired said:

You can also find some old Para plastic Plus 2 pads (for 9mm) that would add a round.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, dogtired said:

You can also find some old Para plastic Plus 2 pads (for 9mm) that would add a round.

I have a couple of P16-40 magazines with these on them however they do not work with the Cheely magwell on my guns.  Does anyone have any experience with the Arredondo basepads?

I have seen those. They're marketing them for Rock Island "wide body" and I as I said above they told me they tried one on a P16-40 factory mag and it worked. I'll probably end up ordering one to see how it works and if it does then get more.

OK, so I ordered 1 of the Taylor Freelance mag extensions and it fits fine on the mag tube. It works in the P16 without the magwell  but won't lock in place with the magwell on. I'll do some filing to see if I can get it to work.

Just a quick update, I took the Taylor Freelance extension I got recently and filed the top outside corner of the sides and front just a tiny bit, sanded it smooth, put the mag back together and tried it in the gun with the Cheely magwell on and boom, it works!  I'll probably order a few more now that I know it will work...