Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Critique my reloads

stick

Critique my reloads.  I've been shooting PCC for about a month.  Here's my reloads.  Timer set at 1.10 Seconds.

I haven't shot in the last year (don't ask) Currently classed "C" 54% in PCC I only have 4 classifiers in.  I decided to really try and dry fire for 10-15 minutes a day 6-7 days a week.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R_HWbk4zqZa4ioUYK5GaeoJz2WSwrbsj/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...

Force your hand to return to the original shooting position after the reload. Your speed is more then fine. With the reload being such a small part of PCC my guess is your training time is probably better spent elsewhere for now. Continue to do it for upkeep, just dont make it the main focus.

Just my opinion.

@Brophy-J if you want to move up in classifcation, reloads matter. It’s all about the classifiers.

Get your hand out at the end of the handgusrd as far as possible without locking the elbow, so that you can control the muzzle better. And put it back in the same spot or that rep on you practice doesn’t count ;) 

Start moving sooner. Try to have your hand ON the fresh mag before the 0.3 second beep finishes. It appears you’re still for about 0.5 after the start of the beep, before you move. Audio could just be out of sync, but try to react faster always

Edited by MemphisMechanic

13 hours ago, Brophy-J said:

Force your hand to return to the original shooting position after the reload. Your speed is more then fine. With the reload being such a small part of PCC my guess is your training time is probably better spent elsewhere for now. Continue to do it for upkeep, just dont make it the main focus.

Just my opinion.

thanks for the advice.

12 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@Brophy-J if you want to move up in classifcation, reloads matter. It’s all about the classifiers.

Get your hand out at the end of the handgusrd as far as possible without locking the elbow, so that you can control the muzzle better. And put it back in the same spot or that rep on you practice doesn’t count ;) 

Start moving sooner. Try to have your hand ON the fresh mag before the 0.3 second beep finishes. It appears you’re still for about 0.5 after the start of the beep, before you move. Audio could just be out of sync, but try to react faster always

Thanks for the advice.  I have long arms.  I'll have to work on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/3/2018 at 3:50 PM, Brophy-J said:

Just my opinion.

Good stuff here!