Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SW 929 with Altamont wood Grips

LifeisgoodSteve

Hi All,

For reference in case anyone else is or will be looking for reference examples of the 929 with wood grips, here's mine with new Altamont Target Conversion (checkered and engraved) grips.  

Just picked up the gun today and love it, though the DA trigger does seem a bit heavy on the first couple hundred rounds at the range today.  Tempted to get the trigger job sooner than later. 

Cheers,

Steve

IMG_0125 (1).jpg

IMG_0126 (1).jpg

Thanks guys will wok on the dry fires and consider sending out for work.  Haven't researched yet, so am sorry to ask something maybe been said thousands of times, but how do the factory ammo fire after the trigger jobs?  Seems like most refer to reload ammo, but for a good while I expect to be shooting factory.

Thanks,

Steve

Keep the hammer fall reasonable and it will fire win white box

A friend uses Federal bulk so he obviously gets the federal primers we all know and love for revolvers

I find 7 lbs of trigger pull will fire anything in my guns

There are a lot of great posts from the guys who have done extensive research on what is needed as far at hammer FALL weight.

Good Fortune with your revolver

Merry CHRISTmas

Neil

Awesome, thanks Neil for the great info. I’ll see if I can track down that research in the posts as well as how any work on the trigger may or may not effect class in various competitions.  As of now I stocked up on some factory Federal American Eagle 124gr ammo. 

Thanks and enjoy your holidays !

Steve