Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to the 1050

I have been loading on a 650, and now have a 1050 I am trying to get set up.  My dies don't seem to be long enough (Hornady) to touch the shell plate without bottoming out on the top of the tool head.  Is it ok to put the locknuts on the dies on the bottom of the tool head?

I had to put the locknut on the bottom of my 650 for a Lee factory crimp die and have had no issues. As long as the nut doesn't hit anything the machine won't care if its on the top or the bottom

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

On 12/20/2017 at 12:13 PM, Tech32 said:

I have been loading on a 650, and now have a 1050 I am trying to get set up.  My dies don't seem to be long enough (Hornady) to touch the shell plate without bottoming out on the top of the tool head.  Is it ok to put the locknuts on the dies on the bottom of the tool head?

I have this done on my 357 sig. set up for the reason I have a cut down die and have to hold it from underneath with no problems at all  

35424EE8-C3BE-43B8-BA04-ACE67889D030.jpeg

On 12/22/2017 at 7:11 PM, tmz said:

I have this done on my 357 sig. set up for the reason I have a cut down die and have to hold it from underneath with no problems at all  

35424EE8-C3BE-43B8-BA04-ACE67889D030.jpeg

Thanks for the replies!

What is that, a ¾" pipe nipple and a ¾"fpt x 1" glue adapter for the tool head stand?

3 hours ago, Tech32 said:

Thanks for the replies!

What is that, a ¾" pipe nipple and a ¾"fpt x 1" glue adapter for the tool head stand?

Yep you can look here for a few pics on  the second page.  

Edited by tmz